OpenOffice-2.4.1 not saving to NFS mounted directories - BSD

This is a discussion on OpenOffice-2.4.1 not saving to NFS mounted directories - BSD ; My system's /home is nfs mounted from a server and OO-2.4.1 just won't open from or save to it. I've seen some posts elsewhere about this so I don't think this is particular to my system or to FBSD. Anybody ...

  1. OpenOffice-2.4.1 not saving to NFS mounted directories

    My system's /home is nfs mounted from a server and OO-2.4.1 just won't
    open from or save to it. I've seen some posts elsewhere about this so
    I don't think this is particular to my system or to FBSD. Anybody know
    if there is a fix for 2.4.x now, or in place in 3.0, or how far back
    I'd have to go in the 2.x series to get this to work? I no longer have
    space enough for compiling from ports, so I'm left with packages. (Or,
    the OO core team could rectify that 10GB build space bull****.)

    thx,

    tf

  2. Re: OpenOffice-2.4.1 not saving to NFS mounted directories

    semi-ambivalent wrote:
    > My system's /home is nfs mounted from a server and OO-2.4.1 just won't
    > open from or save to it. I've seen some posts elsewhere about this so
    > I don't think this is particular to my system or to FBSD. Anybody know
    > if there is a fix for 2.4.x now, or in place in 3.0, or how far back
    > I'd have to go in the 2.x series to get this to work? I no longer have
    > space enough for compiling from ports, so I'm left with packages. (Or,
    > the OO core team could rectify that 10GB build space bull****.)
    >
    > thx,
    >
    > tf

    I have seen that. But, it worked for me after i had enabled NFS
    locking. OpenOffice wants to lock its stuff and will not work if it
    cannot do it. Theproblem is that this requires some cooperation from the
    server, so if you cannot have access to the NFS server and locking is
    not enabled here you have bad luck. On your side, you need:
    rpc_lockd_enable="YES"
    rpc_statd_enable="YES"

    After that you can test if locking works using the command lockf. For
    example:
    #!/bin/sh

    lockf -k $1 sleep 10 &
    sleep 3
    lockf -k -s -t 0 $1 echo BAD || echo GOOD
    wait

    --

    Michel TALON

  3. Re: OpenOffice-2.4.1 not saving to NFS mounted directories

    On Aug 17, 11:12 am, ta...@lpthe.jussieu.fr (Michel Talon) wrote:
    > semi-ambivalent wrote:
    > > My system's /home is nfs mounted from a server and OO-2.4.1 just won't
    > > open from or save to it. I've seen some posts elsewhere about this so
    > > I don't think this is particular to my system or to FBSD. Anybody know
    > > if there is a fix for 2.4.x now, or in place in 3.0, or how far back
    > > I'd have to go in the 2.x series to get this to work? I no longer have
    > > space enough for compiling from ports, so I'm left with packages. (Or,
    > > the OO core team could rectify that 10GB build space bull****.)

    > > thx,

    > > tf

    > I have seen that. But, it worked for me after i had enabled NFS
    > locking. OpenOffice wants to lock its stuff and will not work if it
    > cannot do it. Theproblem is that this requires some cooperation from the
    > server, so if you cannot have access to the NFS server and locking is
    > not enabled here you have bad luck. On your side, you need:
    > rpc_lockd_enable="YES"
    > rpc_statd_enable="YES"
    >
    > After that you can test if locking works using the command lockf. For
    > example:
    > #!/bin/sh
    >
    > lockf -k $1 sleep 10 &
    > sleep 3
    > lockf -k -s -t 0 $1 echo BAD || echo GOOD
    > wait
    >
    > --
    >
    > Michel TALON

    Thank you! It works now, almost like, magic!

    tf

+ Reply to Thread