Mplayer Fails To Update. - BSD

This is a discussion on Mplayer Fails To Update. - BSD ; Hi! Portaudit is showing multiple vulnerabilities in mplayer, when I try an update mplayer via portmaster it fails with the error below. Affected package: mplayer-0.99.10_14 Type of problem: mplayer -- multiple vulnerabilities. Reference: 1 problem(s) in your installed packages found. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Mplayer Fails To Update.

  1. Mplayer Fails To Update.

    Hi!

    Portaudit is showing multiple vulnerabilities in mplayer, when I try
    an update mplayer via portmaster it fails with the error below.

    Affected package: mplayer-0.99.10_14
    Type of problem: mplayer -- multiple vulnerabilities.
    Reference:

    1 problem(s) in your installed packages found.

    You are advised to update or deinstall the affected package(s)
    immediately.
    ===============
    Error..

    3 -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I../libavcodec -I../libavformat -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign -Wdeclaration-after-statement -I. -I.. -I../libavutil -O2 -pipe -march=athlon64 -O3 -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -c -o ao_pcm.o ao_pcm.c
    In file included from ../libavutil/bswap.h:30,
    from ../mpbswap.h:4,
    from ao_pcm.c:8:
    .../libavutil/common.h:98: error: redefinition of 'av_log2'
    /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:124: error: previous definition of 'av_log2' was here
    .../libavutil/common.h:116: error: redefinition of 'av_log2_16bit'
    /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:140: error: previous definition of 'av_log2_16bit' was here
    .../libavutil/common.h:131: error: redefinition of 'mid_pred'
    /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:153: error: previous definition of 'mid_pred' was here
    .../libavutil/common.h:178: error: redefinition of 'av_clip'
    /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:200: error: previous definition of 'av_clip' was here
    .../libavutil/common.h:190: error: redefinition of 'av_clip_uint8'
    /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:212: error: previous definition of 'av_clip_uint8' was here
    .../libavutil/common.h:201: error: redefinition of 'av_clip_int16'
    /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:223: error: previous definition of 'av_clip_int16' was here
    .../libavutil/common.h:212: error: redefinition of 'ff_get_fourcc'
    /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:248: error: previous definition of 'ff_get_fourcc' was here
    .../libavutil/common.h:291: error: redefinition of 'read_time'
    /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:327: error: previous definition of 'read_time' was here
    In file included from ../libavutil/bswap.h:30,
    from ../mpbswap.h:4,
    from ao_pcm.c:8:
    .../libavutil/common.h:349:1: warning: "STOP_TIMER" redefined
    In file included from ao_pcm.c:7:
    /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:383:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    gmake[1]: *** [ao_pcm.o] Error 1
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer/work/MPlayer-1.0rc2/libao2'
    gmake: *** [libao2/libao2.a] Error 2
    *** Error code 2

    Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer.
    *** Error code 1

    Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer.

    ===>>> make failed for multimedia/mplayer
    ===>>> Aborting update

    ===>>> Update for mplayer-0.99.10_14 failed
    ===>>> Aborting update

    ===>>> complete

    Anyone else having this problem and knows how to fix?

    TIA


  2. Re: Mplayer Fails To Update.

    Timmy wrote:
    > [...]
    > ../libavutil/common.h:98: error: redefinition of 'av_log2'
    > [...]


    What version of ffmpeg are you using?

    > ===>>> Update for mplayer-0.99.10_14 failed
    > ===>>> Aborting update
    > Anyone else having this problem and knows how to fix?


    The packages mplayer depends on aren't up to date.
    If you're upgrading a package, you should always make sure that its
    dependencies are updated as well.


    Martin

    --
    "For the Snark's a peculiar creature, that won't
    Be caught in a commonplace way.
    Do all that you know, and try all that you don't;
    Not a chance must be wasted to-day!"

  3. Re: Mplayer Fails To Update.

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 23:27:16 +0000 (UTC)
    Martin Etteldorf wrote:

    > Timmy wrote:
    > > [...]
    > > ../libavutil/common.h:98: error: redefinition of 'av_log2'
    > > [...]

    >
    > What version of ffmpeg are you using?
    >
    > > ===>>> Update for mplayer-0.99.10_14 failed
    > > ===>>> Aborting update
    > > Anyone else having this problem and knows how to fix?

    >
    > The packages mplayer depends on aren't up to date.
    > If you're upgrading a package, you should always make sure that its
    > dependencies are updated as well.
    >
    >
    > Martin
    >


    Everything is updated. I run portmaster -a and everything updates but
    mplayer. Mplayer is the only port that isn't updated..

  4. Re: Mplayer Fails To Update.

    Timmy wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 23:27:16 +0000 (UTC)
    > Martin Etteldorf wrote:
    >
    >> Timmy wrote:
    >> > [...]
    >> > ../libavutil/common.h:98: error: redefinition of 'av_log2'
    >> > [...]

    >>
    >> What version of ffmpeg are you using?


    You didn't answer my question. So again: what version of ffmpeg
    are you using?

    >> > ===>>> Update for mplayer-0.99.10_14 failed
    >> > ===>>> Aborting update
    >> > Anyone else having this problem and knows how to fix?

    >>
    >> The packages mplayer depends on aren't up to date.
    >> If you're upgrading a package, you should always make sure that its
    >> dependencies are updated as well.

    >
    > Everything is updated. I run portmaster -a and everything updates but
    > mplayer. Mplayer is the only port that isn't updated..


    Besides having not answered my question about ffmpeg...
    It looks like your ports tree is messed up. libavutil/common.h is part
    of ffmpeg, and when mplayer complains about something there, it's most
    definitely, because your versions of mplayer and ffmpeg are out of sync.
    Try re-fetching the portstree, then update all packages again and see
    if it helps.


    Martin

    --
    "For the Snark's a peculiar creature, that won't
    Be caught in a commonplace way.
    Do all that you know, and try all that you don't;
    Not a chance must be wasted to-day!"

  5. Re: Mplayer Fails To Update.

    Martin Etteldorf wrote:

    > Timmy wrote:
    >> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 23:27:16 +0000 (UTC)
    >> Martin Etteldorf wrote:
    >>
    >>> Timmy wrote:
    >>> > [...]
    >>> > ../libavutil/common.h:98: error: redefinition of 'av_log2'
    >>> > [...]
    >>>
    >>> What version of ffmpeg are you using?

    >
    > You didn't answer my question. So again: what version of ffmpeg
    > are you using?
    >
    >>> > ===>>> Update for mplayer-0.99.10_14 failed
    >>> > ===>>> Aborting update
    >>> > Anyone else having this problem and knows how to fix?
    >>>
    >>> The packages mplayer depends on aren't up to date.
    >>> If you're upgrading a package, you should always make sure that its
    >>> dependencies are updated as well.

    >>
    >> Everything is updated. I run portmaster -a and everything updates but
    >> mplayer. Mplayer is the only port that isn't updated..

    >
    > Besides having not answered my question about ffmpeg...
    > It looks like your ports tree is messed up. libavutil/common.h is part
    > of ffmpeg, and when mplayer complains about something there, it's most
    > definitely, because your versions of mplayer and ffmpeg are out of sync.
    > Try re-fetching the portstree, then update all packages again and see
    > if it helps.
    >
    >
    > Martin
    >


    Known problem see
    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/126354

    Antoine

+ Reply to Thread