Video edit - BSD

This is a discussion on Video edit - BSD ; Hi All, I have a question about video editing on FreeBSD. I have an avi that is rather large in size (66MB) and has a large display size. What editor can help me cut down the size of the display ...

  1. Video edit

    Hi All,

    I have a question about video editing on FreeBSD. I have an avi that is
    rather large in size (66MB) and has a large display size. What editor
    can help me cut down the size of the display and filesize?

    I am running FreeBSD 7.0

    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

  2. Re: Video edit

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:25:24 -0400
    Understudy wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a question about video editing on FreeBSD. I have an avi that
    > is rather large in size (66MB) and has a large display size. What
    > editor can help me cut down the size of the display and filesize?
    >
    > I am running FreeBSD 7.0
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Brendhan

    /usr/ports/multimedia/ffmpeg

  3. Re: Video edit

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:25:24 -0400, Understudy wrote:

    > I have a question about video editing on FreeBSD. I have an avi that is
    > rather large in size (66MB) and has a large display size. What editor
    > can help me cut down the size of the display and filesize?
    >
    > I am running FreeBSD 7.0

    if you want lots of control over the output and just want to re-encode/re-
    scale to a smaller filesize, then mplayer/mencoder and ffmpeg are the way
    to go but the learning curve is relatively steep.

    If you want a graphical, pointy/clicky interface which makes it easier to
    cut out unwanted scenes, re-encode and rescale the video etc as well as
    the potential to do much of what mplayer and ffmpeg can do then avidemux
    is your friend (it uses ffmpeg amongst other apps "under the hood")

    --
    Dave
    I am not a number! - I am an anonymous cookie (I think!)

+ Reply to Thread