submitting a problem report - BSD

This is a discussion on submitting a problem report - BSD ; I attempted yesterday to send (for the first time) a PR using send- pr . As far as I can see, it was mailed off successfully from my end, but I haven't received a confirmation message. Shouldn't I have by ...

  1. submitting a problem report

    I attempted yesterday to send (for the first time) a PR using send-pr. As
    far as I can see, it was mailed off successfully from my end, but I haven't
    received a confirmation message. Shouldn't I have by now? Is there any
    way I can tell whether it reached FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
    successfully or if I screwed up somehow?

    --
    Will

  2. Re: submitting a problem report

    Will Parsons wrote:
    > I attempted yesterday to send (for the first time) a PR using send-pr. As
    > far as I can see, it was mailed off successfully from my end, but I haven't
    > received a confirmation message. Shouldn't I have by now? Is there any
    > way I can tell whether it reached FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
    > successfully or if I screwed up somehow?

    Check /var/log/maillog to make sure the message made it to a FreeBSD
    server. Some of us find the web version easier to use.

  3. Re: submitting a problem report

    Warren Block wrote:
    > Will Parsons wrote:
    >> I attempted yesterday to send (for the first time) a PR using send-pr. As
    >> far as I can see, it was mailed off successfully from my end, but I haven't
    >> received a confirmation message. Shouldn't I have by now? Is there any
    >> way I can tell whether it reached FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
    >> successfully or if I screwed up somehow?

    > Check /var/log/maillog to make sure the message made it to a FreeBSD
    > server. Some of us find the web version easier to use.

    Thanks. For some reason it apparently didn't get sent out, but I've now
    submitted it via the web interface and gotten a confirmation.

    --
    Will

  4. Re: submitting a problem report

    Will Parsons writes:
    > I attempted yesterday to send (for the first time) a PR using send-pr. As
    > far as I can see, it was mailed off successfully from my end, but I haven't
    > received a confirmation message. Shouldn't I have by now? Is there any
    > way I can tell whether it reached FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
    > successfully or if I screwed up somehow?

    When I submitted my first PR using send-pr, it got submitted correctly
    (as I can see in freebsd-ports-bug@...), but I too it didn't received
    any confirmation. Then I checked the sent folder (I use gmail smtp as
    smarthost), and found that the mail is sent with no domain set in
    'Reply-To' header, only userid. So, confirmation got sent to
    myuserid@freebsd.org, which probably do not exists.

    BtW, you can also see if your host is not blacklisted, in case you're
    relaying mail from your smtp server, without any smarthost involved.

    Also you can search on FreeBSD PR form[1], and see if your PR is accepted
    already ?