BTX Loader Halted (please help) - BSD

This is a discussion on BTX Loader Halted (please help) - BSD ; Hello all, 2 Days along... i try to find any Solution for my Trouble... Please Help me if you can! I maked BootOnly CD i386 (FreeBSD 7.0), boot it from USB CD-ROM Drive, and in 2 sec is see on ...

  1. BTX Loader Halted (please help)

    Hello all,
    2 Days along... i try to find any Solution for my Trouble... Please Help
    me if you can!

    I maked BootOnly CD i386 (FreeBSD 7.0), boot it from USB CD-ROM Drive, and
    in 2 sec is see on the firststep - BTX Loader halted... Thats all...

    I found some answers in the maillistarchive, but all - not want worked by
    my pc... Everything in Bios switched to off, if i make SATA Controller off
    i see it again "BTX Loader halted"... This cant be HDD... Then i try same
    boot but with x64 BootOnly CD (FreeBSD 7.0) - the same Trouble (my CPU is
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+).

    ....OMG, what can i do with my *%&§#g pc? Thank you very mutch.

  2. Re: BTX Loader Halted (please help)

    Sun wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I maked BootOnly CD i386 (FreeBSD 7.0), boot it from USB CD-ROM Drive,
    > and in 2 sec is see on the firststep - BTX Loader halted... Thats all...

    Try the newset monthly snapshot from FreeBSD 7-stable.See if that helps
    at all.
    There have been some fixes to the boot loader after 7.0-release was out.

    HTH
    --
    Torfinn Ingolfsen,
    Norway

  3. Re: BTX Loader Halted (please help)

    i dont see in Snpaschots x386... (only PowerPC, i64...)
    ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/200807/

    Am 17.07.2008, 16:48 Uhr, schrieb Torfinn Ingolfsen :

    > Sun wrote:
    >> Hello all,
    >> I maked BootOnly CD i386 (FreeBSD 7.0), boot it from USB CD-ROM Drive,
    >> and in 2 sec is see on the firststep - BTX Loader halted... Thats all...

    > Try the newset monthly snapshot from FreeBSD 7-stable.See if that helps
    > at all.
    > There have been some fixes to the boot loader after 7.0-release was out.
    >
    > HTH

  4. Re: BTX Loader Halted (please help)

    With i386 Bootonly CD (6.3 FreeBsd) i dont have any troubles... Something
    in 7.0, where to get new ISO?

  5. Re: BTX Loader Halted (please help)

    found 7.0-STABLE-200806-i386-bootonly.iso
    go to try this i hope...this will be working

  6. Re: BTX Loader Halted (please help)

    Thank you a lot, i can now working with FreeBSD 7.x

+ Reply to Thread