Anticipated Release for 6.4,7.1,etc? - BSD

This is a discussion on Anticipated Release for 6.4,7.1,etc? - BSD ; Is there any expected date for the next releases or must one just keep checking for announcements? I note that there was no 6-3-STABLE snapshot for July,unlike June, but does this mean 6.4 is about to hit beta/RC or that ...

  1. Anticipated Release for 6.4,7.1,etc?

    Is there any expected date for the next releases or must one just
    keep checking for announcements?

    I note that there was no 6-3-STABLE snapshot for July,unlike June,
    but does this mean 6.4 is about to hit beta/RC or that (despite the
    promise in 6.3's errata) it's being abandoned?

    I want to do some upgrades but am not about to put a ".0" version on a
    customer-used machine...I assume 7.1 is still a way off.

    -=-=-

  2. Re: Anticipated Release for 6.4,7.1,etc?

    Louis Epstein wrote:
    > Is there any expected date for the next releases or must one just
    > keep checking for announcements?

    http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html says August 2008 for 7.1 and
    6.4, although projected dates are often optimistic.

  3. Re: Anticipated Release for 6.4,7.1,etc?

    :
    : http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html says August 2008 for 7.1 and
    : 6.4, although projected dates are often optimistic.
    :

    That page doesn't seem to have changed...but August is now mostly over
    with no Alpha,Beta,Gamma,or RC for either version...just new STABLE-SNAPs
    of 6.3 and 7.0.

    -=-=-