Stream spull choker - BSD

This is a discussion on Stream spull choker - BSD ; Is there a stream spell check that will take input from stdin and just emit really wrong, wrongity wrong words (line nos. would be nice) to stderr and otherwise do nothing. I've been wrestling with the ispell switches for a ...

  1. Stream spull choker

    Is there a stream spell check that will take input from stdin and just emit
    really wrong, wrongity wrong words (line nos. would be nice) to stderr
    and otherwise do nothing. I've been wrestling with the ispell switches
    for a while and haven't hit on the appropriate combination (not too
    surprising as the i- in ispell is supposed to stand for interactive) and
    aspell seem oblivious to stream processing.

    --
    Lars Eighner SAVE BEASTIE! "What do you do when you're debranded?"
    usenet@larseighner.com http://larseighner.com/

  2. Re: Stream spull choker

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 19:19:44 +0000 (UTC), Lars Eighner wrote:
    > Is there a stream spell check that will take input from stdin and just
    > emit really wrong, wrongity wrong words (line nos. would be nice) to
    > stderr and otherwise do nothing. I've been wrestling with the ispell
    > switches for a while and haven't hit on the appropriate combination
    > (not too surprising as the i- in ispell is supposed to stand for
    > interactive) and aspell seem oblivious to stream processing.

    Maybe the ispell -a option helps?

    : keramida@kobe:/home/keramida$ cat << EOF | ispell -a
    : > cheker
    : > wordpley
    : > correct
    : > EOF
    : @(#) International Ispell Version 3.2.06 08/01/01
    : & cheker 11 0: checker, cheder, cheeker, cheer, cheke, cheke r, cheke-r,
    : chewer, che Ker, che-Ker, choker
    :
    : & wordpley 1 0: wordplay
    :
    : *
    :
    : keramida@kobe:/home/keramida$

    When a word is correct and it is piped to `ispell -a' it only prints "*"
    back.

    When the word has spelling errors, it prints back "& word" followed by a
    list of the ispell suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread