which software raid type for mirror ? - BSD

This is a discussion on which software raid type for mirror ? - BSD ; Hello I want to add second hard drive and make software mirror. In handbook i see different types of software raid: 1. GEOM (gmirror command) 2. CCD (ccdconfig command) 3. Vinum Volume Manager (gvinum command) Which one should i use ...

  1. which software raid type for mirror ?

    Hello

    I want to add second hard drive and make software mirror.
    In handbook i see different types of software raid:
    1. GEOM (gmirror command)
    2. CCD (ccdconfig command)
    3. Vinum Volume Manager (gvinum command)

    Which one should i use ?
    Which is more stable ?
    Which allows for better monitoring ?

    Thanx

  2. Re: which software raid type for mirror ?

    avlee schrieb:
    > Hello
    >
    > I want to add second hard drive and make software mirror.
    > In handbook i see different types of software raid:
    > 1. GEOM (gmirror command)
    > 2. CCD (ccdconfig command)
    > 3. Vinum Volume Manager (gvinum command)
    >
    > Which one should i use ?
    > Which is more stable ?
    > Which allows for better monitoring ?
    >
    > Thanx