openbsd sgi install won't boot on O2 - BSD

This is a discussion on openbsd sgi install won't boot on O2 - BSD ; I just tried installing openbsd 4.3 on an SGI O2. I made the "a" partition start at sector 3135, just like in the instructions and made that the root partition. I made the "b" partition the swap partition, and allocated ...

  1. openbsd sgi install won't boot on O2

    I just tried installing openbsd 4.3 on an SGI O2. I made the "a"
    partition start at sector 3135, just like in the instructions and made
    that the root partition. I made the "b" partition the swap partition,
    and allocated the swap as twice the ram. I made no other partitions.
    When I boot it says "Boot file not found on device:
    pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8)/sash. Autoboot failed.

    What did I do wrong?

  2. Re: openbsd sgi install won't boot on O2

    > I just tried installing openbsd 4.3 on an SGI O2. I made the "a"
    > partition start at sector 3135, just like in the instructions and made
    > that the root partition. I made the "b" partition the swap partition,
    > and allocated the swap as twice the ram. I made no other partitions.
    > When I boot it says "Boot file not found on device:
    > pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8)/sash. Autoboot failed.
    >
    > What did I do wrong?

    You forgot to change the OSLoader prom environment variable from
    ``sash'' to ``boot''. And while there, check the OSLoadFilename variable
    is set to ``/bsd''.

+ Reply to Thread