Attempted NFS transfer causes link state changed to UP/DOWN - BSD

This is a discussion on Attempted NFS transfer causes link state changed to UP/DOWN - BSD ; Hello, In trying to effect an NFS transfer of a large file between two FReeBSD 7.0 machines, I get link state changed to UP link state changed to DOWN on the machine receiving the file while I get on the ...

  1. Attempted NFS transfer causes link state changed to UP/DOWN

    Hello,

    In trying to effect an NFS transfer of a large file between two FReeBSD
    7.0 machines, I get

    link state changed to UP
    link state changed to DOWN

    on the machine receiving the file

    while I get on the other machine

    nfs server freebsd2:/usr: not responding
    nfs server freebsd2:/usr: is alive again

    (in /var/log/messages) about 2 seconds and just about everything grinds
    to a halt.

    The result is the same no matter which machine is used to initiate the
    transfer.

    I have tried pinging from the receiving machine to the other, even
    flooding with more than the MTU or both cards, but no problem shows up.

    TIA
    Bernard Higonnet

  2. Re: Attempted NFS transfer causes link state changed to UP/DOWN -solved

    Bernard T. Higonnet wrote:

    I set -r=1024,-w=1024 in fstab and problem has disappeared

    > Hello,
    >
    > In trying to effect an NFS transfer of a large file between two FReeBSD
    > 7.0 machines, I get
    >
    > link state changed to UP
    > link state changed to DOWN
    >
    > on the machine receiving the file
    >
    > while I get on the other machine
    >
    > nfs server freebsd2:/usr: not responding
    > nfs server freebsd2:/usr: is alive again
    >
    > (in /var/log/messages) about 2 seconds and just about everything grinds
    > to a halt.
    >
    > The result is the same no matter which machine is used to initiate the
    > transfer.
    >
    > I have tried pinging from the receiving machine to the other, even
    > flooding with more than the MTU or both cards, but no problem shows up.
    >
    > TIA
    > Bernard Higonnet

+ Reply to Thread