I am looking for a laptop (and my sole desktop) which meets the spec
below.

1) Does anyone have a Lenovo Y710 running OpenBSD successfully as a
desktop system (ie: X, browser, multimedia and OpenOffice)?
2) Is there another notebook meeting the specs below which also fits
the bill? I see lots of Nvidia based systems , but no other ATI based
systems.

Notebook specifications:
must have
17" or greater screen
WUXGA (1900 x1200 )
ATI graphics (I will not be running windows so this is
important)
High quality (glossy) screen
200 GB or greater disk @ 5400 rpm or 7200 RPM
Dual layer read/write DVD
Builtin Ethernet 10/100/ (1000 is nice but not necessary)
and
Wireless bg(n is nice but not necessary)
2 GB ram
2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo or better dual/quad core processor

and it would be nice to have :
Bluray reader/writer
4 GB ram
2.4 GHz Core2 Duo or better dual/quad core processor

The above Lenovo looks like it should fit the bill.