FreeBSD 7 lockd problems. - BSD

This is a discussion on FreeBSD 7 lockd problems. - BSD ; Hello, Applications like firefox won't work when rpc_lockd/statd_enable="YES" on clients that have home dirs on a NFS/NIS server. My diskless workstation doesn't work at all if lockd is enabled. If I launch firefox on the nfs client, nothing happens - ...

  1. FreeBSD 7 lockd problems.

    Hello,

    Applications like firefox won't work when rpc_lockd/statd_enable="YES"
    on clients that have home dirs on a NFS/NIS server. My diskless
    workstation doesn't work at all if lockd is enabled.

    If I launch firefox on the nfs client, nothing happens - even if there
    is only one user using a home account - until "rc.d/lockd onestop" is
    issued. Also, my NFS server has rpc_lockd/statd_enable="YES".

    Is there anything I can do to get lockd to work properly??

    Regards,

    Monty

  2. Re: FreeBSD 7 lockd problems.

    Monty Hall wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Applications like firefox won't work when rpc_lockd/statd_enable="YES"
    > on clients that have home dirs on a NFS/NIS server. My diskless
    > workstation doesn't work at all if lockd is enabled.
    >
    > If I launch firefox on the nfs client, nothing happens - even if there
    > is only one user using a home account - until "rc.d/lockd onestop" is
    > issued. Also, my NFS server has rpc_lockd/statd_enable="YES".
    >
    > Is there anything I can do to get lockd to work properly??
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Monty

    I don't think so, at least in previous versions (<7.0) rpc.lockd has
    been broken and I haven't heard of any fixes to that in 7.0.

    --
    "If I can't smoke and swear I'm ****ed."

    marko [dot] vihoma [at] pp1 [dot] inet [dot] fi

+ Reply to Thread