Privoxy Autostart at bootup - BSD

This is a discussion on Privoxy Autostart at bootup - BSD ; I now have the privoxy package working on 64-bit FreeBSD 7.0. However, privoxy does not start automatically; I have to manually start privoxy. Should I add a script in /etc/rc.d to start privoxy, or is there a better/preferred way to ...

  1. Privoxy Autostart at bootup

    I now have the privoxy package working on 64-bit FreeBSD 7.0. However,
    privoxy does not start automatically; I have to manually start
    privoxy. Should I add a script in /etc/rc.d to start privoxy,
    or is there a better/preferred way to activate privoxy at
    boot time?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Privoxy Autostart at bootup

    dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    > I now have the privoxy package working on 64-bit FreeBSD 7.0. However,
    > privoxy does not start automatically; I have to manually start
    > privoxy. Should I add a script in /etc/rc.d to start privoxy,
    > or is there a better/preferred way to activate privoxy at
    > boot time?

    The port's pkg-message says

    To start Privoxy on boot, add: privoxy_enable="YES"
    to /etc/rc.conf.