devfs and /etc/fstab - BSD

This is a discussion on devfs and /etc/fstab - BSD ; Hi, I would like to provide a minimal set of devices in a chroot'ed (not jail'ed) place using /etc/fstab. I can provide the standard ruleset by devfs /var/spool/postfix/dev devfs rw 0 0 but how can I provide a limited set ...

  1. devfs and /etc/fstab

    Hi,

    I would like to provide a minimal set of devices in a chroot'ed (not
    jail'ed) place using /etc/fstab. I can provide the standard ruleset by

    devfs /var/spool/postfix/dev devfs rw 0 0

    but how can I provide a limited set of devices, e.g. only null, zero,
    crypto, random and urandom?

    Thanks, Helmut

    --
    No Swen today, my love has gone away
    My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn

  2. Re: devfs and /etc/fstab

    On May 6, 1:20 pm, "Helmut Schneider" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to provide a minimal set of devices in a chroot'ed (not
    > jail'ed) place using /etc/fstab. I can provide the standard ruleset by
    >
    > devfs /var/spool/postfix/dev devfs rw 0 0
    >
    > but how can I provide a limited set of devices, e.g. only null, zero,
    > crypto, random and urandom?
    >
    > Thanks, Helmut
    >
    > --
    > No Swen today, my love has gone away
    > My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn

    Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, check devfs(8):

    devfs -m /chroot/env/dev rule -s 20 applyset

  3. Re: devfs and /etc/fstab

    Pete wrote:
    > On May 6, 1:20 pm, "Helmut Schneider" wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I would like to provide a minimal set of devices in a chroot'ed (not
    >> jail'ed) place using /etc/fstab. I can provide the standard ruleset by
    >>
    >> devfs /var/spool/postfix/dev devfs rw 0 0
    >>
    >> but how can I provide a limited set of devices, e.g. only null, zero,
    >> crypto, random and urandom?

    > Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, check devfs(8):
    >
    > devfs -m /chroot/env/dev rule -s 20 applyset

    And the fstab-part?!

    --
    No Swen today, my love has gone away
    My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn

+ Reply to Thread