switch between a tty when fvwm is running - BSD

This is a discussion on switch between a tty when fvwm is running - BSD ; I'm not really sure where to look or even how to search on this question. I can switch between ttys on my system using the SysRq and Shift-SysRq key. However, if I start fvwm in one of the ttys than ...

  1. switch between a tty when fvwm is running

    I'm not really sure where to look or even
    how to search on this question.

    I can switch between ttys on my system using
    the SysRq and Shift-SysRq key.

    However, if I start fvwm in one of the ttys
    than I have to completely extis the X session
    and then switch.

    Is it possible to avoide exiting X before
    switching?

    TIA

    jmh

  2. Re: switch between a tty when fvwm is running

    %
    % However, if I start fvwm in one of the ttys
    % than I have to completely extis the X session
    % and then switch.
    %
    % Is it possible to avoide exiting X before
    % switching?

    ctrl-alt-f1 will take you to ttyv0

    Note that you can also switch between ttys using alt-f1, alt-f2, and so on.
    --

    Patrick TJ McPhee
    North York Canada

+ Reply to Thread