BSD/OS with a question mark - BSD

This is a discussion on BSD/OS with a question mark - BSD ; Right: Running BSD/OS 4.3.1 all patched. Runns well in a dual 1.0 GHz, dual 1.8GHZ and choke in dual Xeon 3+ with sd0: sn 0 ... parity error check . I have a backup however with the latest Apache 2.0, ...

  1. BSD/OS with a question mark

    Right:

    Running BSD/OS 4.3.1 all patched.

    Runns well in a dual 1.0 GHz, dual 1.8GHZ and choke in
    dual Xeon 3+ with sd0: sn 0 ... parity error check .

    I have a backup however with the latest Apache 2.0,

    chokes with an abort trap, crashes on Pyhton when
    creating a google map and seems to have a whole.

    Should I rebuild the backup from scratch or overwite he
    backup hoping this corrects the condition?

    Reason for crosspost, I wonder if other BSDs have seen a similar
    condition.
    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca

  2. Re: BSD/OS with a question mark

    The Doctor wrote:

    > Right:
    >
    > Running BSD/OS 4.3.1 all patched.
    >
    > Runns well in a dual 1.0 GHz, dual 1.8GHZ and choke in
    > dual Xeon 3+ with sd0: sn 0 ... parity error check .
    >
    > I have a backup however with the latest Apache 2.0,
    >
    > chokes with an abort trap, crashes on Pyhton when
    > creating a google map and seems to have a whole.
    >
    > Should I rebuild the backup from scratch or overwite he
    > backup hoping this corrects the condition?
    >

    > Reason for crosspost, I wonder if other BSDs have seen a similar
    > condition.

    Why not consider trying FreeBSD 7 instead? Wind River stopped sales of
    BSD/OS in 2003 and ended support in 2004. Any hardware that came out after
    that is probably not supported.

    Seeing as you're already in "rebuild" mode, what would stop you from
    slapping a FreeBSD 7 CD in and giving it a go? At the very least if that
    doesn't pan out you can still go back to a virgin install of BSD/OS
    afterwards.

    -Jason

  3. Re: BSD/OS with a question mark

    The Doctor wrote:

    > Right:
    >
    > Running BSD/OS 4.3.1 all patched.
    >
    > Runns well in a dual 1.0 GHz, dual 1.8GHZ and choke in
    > dual Xeon 3+ with sd0: sn 0 ... parity error check .
    >
    > I have a backup however with the latest Apache 2.0,
    >
    > chokes with an abort trap, crashes on Pyhton when
    > creating a google map and seems to have a whole.
    >
    > Should I rebuild the backup from scratch or overwite he
    > backup hoping this corrects the condition?
    >

    > Reason for crosspost, I wonder if other BSDs have seen a similar
    > condition.

    Why not consider trying FreeBSD 7 instead? Wind River stopped sales of
    BSD/OS in 2003 and ended support in 2004. Any hardware that came out after
    that is probably not supported.

    Seeing as you're already in "rebuild" mode, what would stop you from
    slapping a FreeBSD 7 CD in and giving it a go? At the very least if that
    doesn't pan out you can still go back to a virgin install of BSD/OS
    afterwards.

    -Jason

  4. Re: BSD/OS with a question mark

    In article <3bFSj.3$GC1.1@trndny07>,
    Jason Bourne wrote:
    >The Doctor wrote:
    >
    >> Right:
    >>
    >> Running BSD/OS 4.3.1 all patched.
    >>
    >> Runns well in a dual 1.0 GHz, dual 1.8GHZ and choke in
    >> dual Xeon 3+ with sd0: sn 0 ... parity error check .
    >>
    >> I have a backup however with the latest Apache 2.0,
    >>
    >> chokes with an abort trap, crashes on Pyhton when
    >> creating a google map and seems to have a whole.
    >>
    >> Should I rebuild the backup from scratch or overwite he
    >> backup hoping this corrects the condition?
    >>

    >> Reason for crosspost, I wonder if other BSDs have seen a similar
    >> condition.

    >Why not consider trying FreeBSD 7 instead? Wind River stopped sales of
    >BSD/OS in 2003 and ended support in 2004. Any hardware that came out after
    >that is probably not supported.
    >
    >Seeing as you're already in "rebuild" mode, what would stop you from
    >slapping a FreeBSD 7 CD in and giving it a go? At the very least if that
    >doesn't pan out you can still go back to a virgin install of BSD/OS
    >afterwards.

    Rather not for the i386 .

    Too much merging.

    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
    God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
    USA petition for dissolution of your nation!

  5. Re: BSD/OS with a question mark

    In article ,
    The Doctor wrote:
    >In article <3bFSj.3$GC1.1@trndny07>,
    >Jason Bourne wrote:
    >>The Doctor wrote:
    >>
    >>> Right:
    >>>
    >>> Running BSD/OS 4.3.1 all patched.
    >>>
    >>> Runns well in a dual 1.0 GHz, dual 1.8GHZ and choke in
    >>> dual Xeon 3+ with sd0: sn 0 ... parity error check .
    >>>
    >>> I have a backup however with the latest Apache 2.0,
    >>>
    >>> chokes with an abort trap, crashes on Pyhton when
    >>> creating a google map and seems to have a whole.
    >>>
    >>> Should I rebuild the backup from scratch or overwite he
    >>> backup hoping this corrects the condition?
    >>>

    >>> Reason for crosspost, I wonder if other BSDs have seen a similar
    >>> condition.

    >>Why not consider trying FreeBSD 7 instead? Wind River stopped sales of
    >>BSD/OS in 2003 and ended support in 2004. Any hardware that came out after
    >>that is probably not supported.
    >>
    >>Seeing as you're already in "rebuild" mode, what would stop you from
    >>slapping a FreeBSD 7 CD in and giving it a go? At the very least if that
    >>doesn't pan out you can still go back to a virgin install of BSD/OS
    >>afterwards.
    >>

    >Rather not for the i386 .
    >
    >Too much merging.

    Next, I compile some new client but am getting illegal instruction.

    I suspect a library, but how do I debug this issue?
    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
    God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
    USA petition for dissolution of your nation!

  6. Re: BSD/OS with a question mark

    In article ,
    The Doctor wrote:
    >In article <3bFSj.3$GC1.1@trndny07>,
    >Jason Bourne wrote:
    >>The Doctor wrote:
    >>
    >>> Right:
    >>>
    >>> Running BSD/OS 4.3.1 all patched.
    >>>
    >>> Runns well in a dual 1.0 GHz, dual 1.8GHZ and choke in
    >>> dual Xeon 3+ with sd0: sn 0 ... parity error check .
    >>>
    >>> I have a backup however with the latest Apache 2.0,
    >>>
    >>> chokes with an abort trap, crashes on Pyhton when
    >>> creating a google map and seems to have a whole.
    >>>
    >>> Should I rebuild the backup from scratch or overwite he
    >>> backup hoping this corrects the condition?
    >>>

    >>> Reason for crosspost, I wonder if other BSDs have seen a similar
    >>> condition.

    >>Why not consider trying FreeBSD 7 instead? Wind River stopped sales of
    >>BSD/OS in 2003 and ended support in 2004. Any hardware that came out after
    >>that is probably not supported.
    >>
    >>Seeing as you're already in "rebuild" mode, what would stop you from
    >>slapping a FreeBSD 7 CD in and giving it a go? At the very least if that
    >>doesn't pan out you can still go back to a virgin install of BSD/OS
    >>afterwards.
    >>

    >Rather not for the i386 .
    >
    >Too much merging.

    Next, I compile some new client but am getting illegal instruction.

    I suspect a library, but how do I debug this issue?
    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
    God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
    USA petition for dissolution of your nation!

  7. Re: BSD/OS with a question mark

    The Doctor wrote:

    > Running BSD/OS 4.3.1 all patched.
    >
    > Runns well in a dual 1.0 GHz, dual 1.8GHZ and choke in
    > dual Xeon 3+ with sd0: sn 0 ... parity error check .
    > I have a backup however with the latest Apache 2.0,
    > chokes with an abort trap, crashes on Pyhton when
    > creating a google map and seems to have a whole.
    > Should I rebuild the backup from scratch or overwite he
    > backup hoping this corrects the condition?

    Contact me again Still waiting for your ftp server link ...

    Cheers!

  8. Re: BSD/OS with a question mark

    The Doctor wrote:

    > Running BSD/OS 4.3.1 all patched.
    >
    > Runns well in a dual 1.0 GHz, dual 1.8GHZ and choke in
    > dual Xeon 3+ with sd0: sn 0 ... parity error check .
    > I have a backup however with the latest Apache 2.0,
    > chokes with an abort trap, crashes on Pyhton when
    > creating a google map and seems to have a whole.
    > Should I rebuild the backup from scratch or overwite he
    > backup hoping this corrects the condition?

    Contact me again Still waiting for your ftp server link ...

    Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread