Sometimes xorg.conf screen saving doesn't activate - BSD

This is a discussion on Sometimes xorg.conf screen saving doesn't activate - BSD ; This is my ServerFlags section of xorg.conf: Section "ServerFlags" Option "BlankTime" "0" Option "StandbyTime" "0" Option "SuspendTime" "0" Option "OffTime" "5" EndSection Most of the time the monitor goes off after five minutes, but sometimes it never does. It's staring ...

  1. Sometimes xorg.conf screen saving doesn't activate

    This is my ServerFlags section of xorg.conf:

    Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "BlankTime" "0"
    Option "StandbyTime" "0"
    Option "SuspendTime" "0"
    Option "OffTime" "5"
    EndSection

    Most of the time the monitor goes off after five minutes,
    but sometimes it never does. It's staring to annoy me.

    What's causing this? Anything I can do?

    It's happened through all Xorg versions I've tried.

    drm0: on vgapci0

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Sometimes xorg.conf screen saving doesn't activate

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:21:54 +0100, Lars Stokholm wrote:
    : This is my ServerFlags section of xorg.conf:
    :
    : Section "ServerFlags"
    : Option "BlankTime" "0"
    : Option "StandbyTime" "0"
    : Option "SuspendTime" "0"
    : Option "OffTime" "5"
    : EndSection
    :
    : Most of the time the monitor goes off after five minutes,
    : but sometimes it never does. It's staring to annoy me.
    :
    : What's causing this? Anything I can do?

    I use
    xset dpms 7200 7200 7200
    in .xinitrc to get dpms to turn the monitor off after a couple of hours

    I have option "dpms" set in the .conf and the Xorg log shows it's
    supported by the cheap nvidia card. I don't have a ServerFlags
    section in my .conf

  3. Re: Sometimes xorg.conf screen saving doesn't activate

    Howard Goldstein wrote:
    > xset dpms 7200 7200 7200
    > in .xinitrc to get dpms to turn the monitor off after a couple of hours
    >
    > I have option "dpms" set in the .conf and the Xorg log shows it's
    > supported by the cheap nvidia card. I don't have a ServerFlags
    > section in my .conf

    Should be the same as setting through xorg.conf, right? Anyway,
    it's often doing it's job right, just not always, which I find
    a bit odd.

+ Reply to Thread