Intel 4965 Wifi - BSD

This is a discussion on Intel 4965 Wifi - BSD ; Hey guys, I apologize if this question is one which has been discussed, I searched to the best of my ability and was not able to come up with an answer so I figured I would try to get some ...

  1. Intel 4965 Wifi

    Hey guys,

    I apologize if this question is one which has been discussed, I
    searched to the best of my ability and was not able to come up with an
    answer so I figured I would try to get some insight from everyday
    FreeBSD users and gurus. I own a Lenovo T61p Thinkpad which I am
    currently running Arch Linux on. I would really prefer to run FreeBSD
    but haven't found anything encouraging regarding support for my
    wireless card; an Intel 4965. Anyhow, my searches have come up with a
    few users who have fruitlessly struggled to get this card to work with
    FreeBSD so my question is if this card is yet supported or are their
    perhaps any workarounds? Might it be natively supported in FreeBSD
    7? Anyhow, thank you in advance for your time.

  2. Re: Intel 4965 Wifi

    isolier wrote:
    > wireless card; an Intel 4965. Anyhow, my searches have come up with a
    > few users who have fruitlessly struggled to get this card to work with
    > FreeBSD so my question is if this card is yet supported or are their
    > perhaps any workarounds? Might it be natively supported in FreeBSD

    A possible workaround (if all else fails) is to try the ndis wrapper.
    See the network chapter[1] in the FreeBSD Handbook.
    It is perhaps easier to just buy a supported NIC as a workaround.

    Maybe NDIS[2] should stand for "Not Disclosed Intel Specification"?