Zydas 1211 USB wireless Card - BSD

This is a discussion on Zydas 1211 USB wireless Card - BSD ; Hi, I'm going to install FreeBSD on a Presario 2100 laptop but it is very important for me to have my zd1211 USB wireless card to work. The driver seems to be avaiable on FreeBSD system since version 7.0 (according ...

  1. Zydas 1211 USB wireless Card

    Hi,

    I'm going to install FreeBSD on a Presario 2100 laptop but it is very
    important for me to have my zd1211 USB wireless card to work.

    The driver seems to be avaiable on FreeBSD system since version 7.0
    (according to http://www.freebsd.org/features.html) but i have a
    little doubt about it:

    Even if i will able to set up the "zyd" kernel module i think i will
    need the firmware to have it works.

    Can i use the firmware avaiable here?

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=129083

    or is it Linux-only?

    If i can use it, where i have to copy the firmware files?
    (I remember on Linux Suse there is a special directory /lib/firmware
    and with Debian a zd1211 firmware package is avaiable)

    I tried to look for a zd1211 firmware port on http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html
    without success

    Can someone give me some tips?

    Thanks for help,
    best regards.

  2. Re: Zydas 1211 USB wireless Card

    Ok, i installed FreeBSD on the laptop and my wireless card now works
    thanks to the zyd driver... however i still have some problems with
    it:

    After some minutes the wireless card will stop to work and dmesg will

    zyd0: could not transmit buffer: TIMEOUT

    So i am forced to manually set up the zyd0 interface again....

  3. Re: Zydas 1211 USB wireless Card

    On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 13:00:32 -0800, Maurizio Lombardi wrote:

    > Ok, i installed FreeBSD on the laptop and my wireless card now works
    > thanks to the zyd driver... however i still have some problems with it:
    >
    > After some minutes the wireless card will stop to work and dmesg will
    >
    > zyd0: could not transmit buffer: TIMEOUT
    >
    > So i am forced to manually set up the zyd0 interface again....

    I have seen similar behaviour caused by ACPI conflicts. It looked like
    interrupts on other devices were resetting the Cardbus slot.

    Could something like that be happening here?

+ Reply to Thread