FreeBSD on Vmware - BSD

This is a discussion on FreeBSD on Vmware - BSD ; How can I run FreeBSD on VMware Workstation with 2003 server as a host?...

  1. FreeBSD on Vmware

    How can I run FreeBSD on VMware Workstation with 2003 server as a
    host?

  2. Re: FreeBSD on Vmware

    Maxx wrote:
    > How can I run FreeBSD on VMware Workstation with 2003 server as a
    > host?

    Insert the CD/mount the ISO and boot the VMWare.

    Helmut

    --
    No Swen today, my love has gone away
    My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn

  3. Re: FreeBSD on Vmware

    Maxx wrote:
    > How can I run FreeBSD on VMware Workstation with 2003 server as a
    > host?

    If using FreeBSD < 7: make sure you compile a new kernel not using the lnc
    driver, but the le driver for you network.

    Peter
    --
    http://www.boosten.org

    Mail: peter at boosten dot org

  4. Re: FreeBSD on Vmware

    Maxx schrieb:
    > How can I run FreeBSD on VMware Workstation with 2003 server as a
    > host?

    Use the 64bit version as guest.
    So it will choose the Intel Gigabit NIC per default.
    Also, set "kern,hz=100" in /boot/loader.conf.

    Install vmware-guestd from ports.

    Then, you're set.

    cheers,
    Rainer

  5. Re: FreeBSD on Vmware

    Rainer Duffner schrieb:
    > Maxx schrieb:
    >> How can I run FreeBSD on VMware Workstation with 2003 server as a
    >> host?

    > Use the 64bit version as guest.

    I forgot: you can only do this if you have 2003 installed as x64
    version, too.
    If not, you've got to hand-edit the vmx-file to make it use the "e1000"
    driver.
    Google for "vmware vmx e1000 freebsd".

    cheers,
    Rainer