building kernel under 7.0 RC3 fails - BSD

This is a discussion on building kernel under 7.0 RC3 fails - BSD ; Us wrote: > I want to rebuild kernel because I don't have smp kernel right now. > I start make buildkernel KERNCONF=SMP and after reasonably short time > (after the cleaning I presume) i get bunch of errors. > [...] ...

  1. Re: building kernel under 7.0 RC3 fails

    Us wrote:
    > I want to rebuild kernel because I don't have smp kernel right now.
    > I start make buildkernel KERNCONF=SMP and after reasonably short time
    > (after the cleaning I presume) i get bunch of errors.
    > [...]

    Seems you haven't followed the procedure as it is described in
    the section "To build a kernel" in /usr/src/UPDATING" properly.

    Martin

    --
    "For the Snark's a peculiar creature, that won't
    Be caught in a commonplace way.

  2. building kernel under 7.0 RC3 fails

    I want to rebuild kernel because I don't have smp kernel right now.
    I start make buildkernel KERNCONF=SMP and after reasonably short time
    (after the cleaning I presume) i get bunch of errors.

    First of all there is an abundance of:

    cc1: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead

    and later:

    cc -c -O -pipe -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs
    -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
    -Wcast-qual -fformat-extensions -std=c99 -g -nostdinc -I- -I.
    -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/altq
    -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/pf
    -I/usr/src/sys/dev/ath -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ngatm
    -I/usr/src/sys/dev/twa -I/usr/src/sys/dev/em -D_KERNEL
    -DHAVE_KERNEL_OPTION_HEADERS -include opt_global.h -fno-common
    -finline-limit=8000 --param inline-unit-growth=100 --param
    large-function-growth=1000 -mno-align-long-strings
    -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -mno-mmx -mno-3dnow -mno-sse -mno-sse2
    -ffreestanding -Werror /usr/src/sys/cam/cam_periph.c
    cc1: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead
    cc1: warnings being treated as errors
    /usr/src/sys/cam/cam_periph.c: In function 'cam_periph_mapmem':
    /usr/src/sys/cam/cam_periph.c:651: warning: pointer targets in
    assignment differ in signedness
    /usr/src/sys/cam/cam_periph.c:679: warning: pointer targets in
    assignment differ in signedness
    *** Error code 1

    Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP.
    *** Error code 1

    Stop in /usr/src.
    *** Error code 1

    Stop in /usr/src.

  3. Re: building kernel under 7.0 RC3 fails

    Martin Etteldorf wrote:
    > Us wrote:
    >> I want to rebuild kernel because I don't have smp kernel right now.
    >> I start make buildkernel KERNCONF=SMP and after reasonably short time
    >> (after the cleaning I presume) i get bunch of errors.
    >> [...]

    > Seems you haven't followed the procedure as it is described in
    > the section "To build a kernel" in /usr/src/UPDATING" properly.
    >

    > Martin

    Ok, I just started the procedure in UPDATING thou it is strange, because
    I already use 7.0 and usualy don't have much problems rebuilding. We'll
    see what happens.

    Thanks anyway.

    Aljosa

  4. Re: building kernel under 7.0 RC3 fails

    Martin Etteldorf wrote:
    > Us wrote:
    >> I want to rebuild kernel because I don't have smp kernel right now.
    >> I start make buildkernel KERNCONF=SMP and after reasonably short time
    >> (after the cleaning I presume) i get bunch of errors.
    >> [...]

    > Seems you haven't followed the procedure as it is described in
    > the section "To build a kernel" in /usr/src/UPDATING" properly.
    >

    > Martin

    As always - reading UPDATING saves the day - Thanks and I feel silly again.

    Aljosa

  5. Re: building kernel under 7.0 RC3 fails

    Martin Etteldorf wrote:
    > Us wrote:
    >> I want to rebuild kernel because I don't have smp kernel right now.
    >> I start make buildkernel KERNCONF=SMP and after reasonably short time
    >> (after the cleaning I presume) i get bunch of errors.
    >> [...]

    > Seems you haven't followed the procedure as it is described in
    > the section "To build a kernel" in /usr/src/UPDATING" properly.
    >

    > Martin

    A small update why I had the problems...
    When changing the machine something went "amiss" - the stable-cvsup had
    releng_6 instead of 7 - so I had to rebuild twice. First one (the
    problem mentioned here) was a downgrade to 6 and then upgrade to latest
    7.0. Just for info.

    Us

+ Reply to Thread