what="official UNIGROUP announcement">

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 05:24:24 -0500 (EST)
From: Unigroup_of_NY
Subject: UNIGROUP Meeting 17-JAN-2007 (Thu): CentOS and Fedora

Unigroup is this Thursday... (full announcement to be posted shortly):

UNIGROUP OF NEW YORK - UNIX USERS GROUP - JANUARY 2008 ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. UNIGROUP'S JANUARY 2008 GENERAL MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

When: THURSDAY, January 17, 2007 (** Third Thursday **)

Where: Alliance for Downtown NY Conference Facility
Downtown Center
104 Washington Street
South West Corner of Wall Street Area
Downtown, New York City
** Please RSVP (not mandatory) **

Time: 6:15 PM - 6:25 PM Registration
6:25 PM - 6:45 PM Ask the Wizard, Questions,
Answers and Current Events
6:45 PM - 7:00 PM Unigroup Business and Announcements
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM Main Presentation

Topic: Experiences with CentOS and Fedora Linux

Speaker: Robert Weiner, President,
Programming Plus ,
Executive Director, Unigroup of New York, Inc.

INTRODUCTION:
-------------

Unigroup's January 2008 meeting will be an informal discussion
about experiences (ie. war stories) with the freely available
CentOS and Fedora Linux/GNU Operating Systems. Various issues
seen during the past year of CentOS (spanning versions 4.4 / 4.5 / 4.6,
including kernel panics and failed upgrades from 4.x to 5.x),
and Fedora 7 / 8 (including kernel panics and failed upgrades
from 7 to 8 with workarounds) will be discussed.

(I'm working on a full outline and meeting announcement).

** Unigroup Board of Director Elections: Unigroup will be holding
our annual elections for our Board of Directors at this meeting.
If you are interested in running/volunteering for the Unigroup
Board, please contact us immediately!

I hope to see you all at our next meeting!

-Rob Weiner
Unigroup Executive Director
unilist (-a_t-) unigroup.org
http://www.unigroup.org