I tried running a snapshot on my laptop and saw that my network
performance went down the tubes.

When I installed and ran on 4.2 -current snapshot on Jan 14 dhcp
wouldn't work on boot but did work when I ran dhclient by hand on re0.

But network performance was terrible : long delays for simple dns and
FTPS. My logs were filled with watchdog timer errors on re0.

I went back to 4.2 from the CDs and the problem went away. I would
like to try -current but I do need networking to work reliably.

Here is my dmesg.boot output from 4.2 ( I didn't save the output from
4.2-current - sorry )

re0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0 "Realtek 8169" rev 0x10: RTL8169S
(0x0400), irq 5, address 00:90:f5:32:22:0f
rgephy0 at re0 phy 7: RTL8169S/8110S PHY, rev. 0