[Sound] Good sound analyser/compressor? - BSD

This is a discussion on [Sound] Good sound analyser/compressor? - BSD ; Hello I converted a WAV file into MP3 with lame, but the following MP3 Flash player can't play it, although it can be played with another, not as nice Flash player: http://www.piticstyle.com/2007/10/29/flash-mp3-player/ I just ran "lame -h -b 128 source.wav ...

  1. [Sound] Good sound analyser/compressor?

    Hello

    I converted a WAV file into MP3 with lame, but the following MP3 Flash
    player can't play it, although it can be played with another, not as
    nice Flash player:

    http://www.piticstyle.com/2007/10/29/flash-mp3-player/

    I just ran "lame -h -b 128 source.wav target.mp3", but I guess this
    player either doesn't like the shape of the source file (8KHz sampling
    rate; don't know the sample size), or the output.

    There are tons of apps for FreeBSD:

    http://www.freebsdsoftware.org/audio/

    Which would you recommend to
    1. read information about each file, so that I can copy/paste this
    into a forum about sound (if you know of a good one...)
    2. compress WAV into MP3 into what Flash players usually expect,
    whatever it is?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: [Sound] Good sound analyser/compressor?

    Gilles Ganault wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I converted a WAV file into MP3 with lame, but the following MP3 Flash
    > player can't play it, although it can be played with another, not as
    > nice Flash player:
    >
    > http://www.piticstyle.com/2007/10/29/flash-mp3-player/
    >
    > I just ran "lame -h -b 128 source.wav target.mp3", but I guess this
    > player either doesn't like the shape of the source file (8KHz sampling
    > rate; don't know the sample size), or the output.
    >
    > There are tons of apps for FreeBSD:
    >
    > http://www.freebsdsoftware.org/audio/
    >
    > Which would you recommend to
    > 1. read information about each file, so that I can copy/paste this
    > into a forum about sound (if you know of a good one...)
    > 2. compress WAV into MP3 into what Flash players usually expect,
    > whatever it is?
    >
    > Thank you.

    if you want good quality compression, find or purchase the Xing mp3
    encoder. There was a windows and compile linux binary release.

    I've yet to locate a free endcoder that doesn't sound like crap.

  3. Re: [Sound] Good sound analyser/compressor?

    On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:33:31 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
    wrote:
    >I've yet to locate a free endcoder that doesn't sound like crap.

    But then, for voicemail @ 8KHz, I don't need much.

    Turns out the following commands work ok:

    lame -h --abr 128 test.wav test.mp3
    lame -V2 test.wav test.mp3

+ Reply to Thread