We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsdadministrator - BSD

This is a discussion on We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsdadministrator - BSD ; Hi, We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsd administrator Location:San Jose,CA Length of engagement:6+Months Desired skills: *Should have experience in System Administration . *Solaris Expreience prefered. ************************************* Thanks and Regards Shibi QSolv Inc. 226 Airport Pkwy, Suite #390 San ...

  1. We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsdadministrator

    Hi,

    We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsd
    administrator
    Location:San Jose,CA
    Length of engagement:6+Months

    Desired skills:

    *Should have experience in System Administration .
    *Solaris Expreience prefered.

    *************************************
    Thanks and Regards
    Shibi
    QSolv Inc.
    226 Airport Pkwy, Suite #390
    San Jose, CA 95110.

    Tel 1: 408 903 4572 Ext:-215
    Tel 2: 408 834 4780
    Fax: 408 904 4505
    Email:shibi@qsolv-inc.com

    Please send me your RESUME in WORD file only if your skills match with
    the above requirement.

  2. Re: We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsd administrator

    Begin <9354c5fb-9855-4073-b9f7-241d88ea1046@21g2000hsj.googlegroups.com>
    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:02:28 -0800 (PST), SANJAY wrote:
    > We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsd
    > administrator
    > Location:San Jose,CA
    > Length of engagement:6+Months

    And what subset of people the world over reading this group, do you
    think, are in SJ, CA, USoA? Job postings should go in *.jobs groups,
    because that's where people looking for jobs read. Those also tend to
    be more restricted geographically so you'll get a better reach. There
    also are a few mailinglists intended for this sort of thing, but since
    you're lazy you stopped at the first opportunity to spam instead.

    Which brings me to the next point: You're not supposed to multi-post.
    If you absolutely have to post the exact same message in different
    groups (and you really should not), you should cross-post instead, not
    multi-post.

    > Please send me your RESUME in WORD file only if your skills match with
    > the above requirement.

    And this is of course even sillier, insulting even.

    This all also means you've made it on my little list of people I do
    no business with. Not that it was likely. Recruiters tend to be more
    trouble than they're worth, and those who clearly haven't done their
    homework even more so. I'm also a continent away and I doubt you'd be
    paying relocation compensation.

  3. Re: We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsd administrator

    jpd writes:

    > Begin <9354c5fb-9855-4073-b9f7-241d88ea1046@21g2000hsj.googlegroups.com>
    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:02:28 -0800 (PST), SANJAY wrote:
    > > We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsd
    > > administrator
    > > Location:San Jose,CA
    > > Length of engagement:6+Months

    > And what subset of people the world over reading this group, do you
    > think, are in SJ, CA, USoA? Job postings should go in *.jobs groups,
    > because that's where people looking for jobs read. Those also tend to
    > be more restricted geographically so you'll get a better reach. There
    > also are a few mailinglists intended for this sort of thing, but since
    > you're lazy you stopped at the first opportunity to spam instead.
    >
    > Which brings me to the next point: You're not supposed to multi-post.
    > If you absolutely have to post the exact same message in different
    > groups (and you really should not), you should cross-post instead, not
    > multi-post.
    >

    > > Please send me your RESUME in WORD file only if your skills match with
    > > the above requirement.

    > And this is of course even sillier, insulting even.
    >
    > This all also means you've made it on my little list of people I do
    > no business with. Not that it was likely. Recruiters tend to be more
    > trouble than they're worth, and those who clearly haven't done their
    > homework even more so. I'm also a continent away and I doubt you'd be
    > paying relocation compensation.

    And who'd want to work for a spammer even if they did?

    -- Patrick

  4. Re: We have an immediate position open for FreebSd/OpenBSD/NetBsd administrator

    jpd writes:

    > Which brings me to the next point: You're not supposed to multi-post.
    > If you absolutely have to post the exact same message in different
    > groups (and you really should not), you should cross-post instead, not
    > multi-post.

    You should have probably CCed SANJAY though. He
    might not stay around to read replies.

    --
    vsync
    http://quadium.net/~vsync/

    If language is not correct, then what is said is not what is meant; if
    what is said is not what is meant, then what must be done remains
    undone; if this remains undone, morals and art will deteriorate; if
    justice goes astray, the people will stand about in helpless
    confusion. Hence there must be no arbitrariness in what is said. This
    matters above everything.
    -- Confucius

+ Reply to Thread