Binary Harvesters in Ports? - BSD

This is a discussion on Binary Harvesters in Ports? - BSD ; I'm looking for a usenet binary harvester, preferably in the ports collection. I tried using aub, but it apparently decides based on message Subject: whether to extract the post. The group that I'm trying to extract (alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking) doesn't follow the ...

  1. Binary Harvesters in Ports?

    I'm looking for a usenet binary harvester, preferably in the ports
    collection. I tried using aub, but it apparently decides based on
    message Subject: whether to extract the post. The group that I'm
    trying to extract (alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking) doesn't follow
    the warez/porn/whatever conventions for that, just people posting
    pictures of their work. So I'm only grabbing maybe 1/3 of the
    pictures.

    Any suggestions on a more simplistic harvester? I doubt anything
    ever gets posted multi-part there.

    --
    Drew Lawson | I told them we had learned to change
    drew@furrfu.com | our swordblades into plows.
    | what should I tell them now?

  2. Re: Binary Harvesters in Ports?

    Drew Lawson wrote:
    > Any suggestions on a more simplistic harvester? I doubt anything
    > ever gets posted multi-part there.

    Not that I have tested it, but PicMonger[1] perhaps?
    Other alternatives are bgrab, brag, cg, hellanzb, newsgrab, nzbget,
    nzbperl, ubh, and probably more.