Source Code download question - BSD

This is a discussion on Source Code download question - BSD ; My apologies to the group for the simplicity of this question..... I am trying to ftp to ftp.freebsd.org and trying to get the source code for "mtree" (/pub/FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/src/ usr.sbin/mtree) All the files have a ",v" at the end of the ...

  1. Source Code download question

    My apologies to the group for the simplicity of this question.....

    I am trying to ftp to ftp.freebsd.org and trying to get the
    source code for "mtree" (/pub/FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/src/
    usr.sbin/mtree)

    All the files have a ",v" at the end of the name and for whatever
    reason, I can not "get" or "mget" the files. Permission denied.

    I wish I could use CVS to get these files onto my machine, but it is a
    corporate machine and locked down so I can not install any CVS
    software on it. I was hoping FTP would be another way to do it....

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,
    S.

  2. Re: Source Code download question

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/mtree/

    --

    Michel TALON

  3. Re: Source Code download question

    On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:44:28 -0800 (PST)
    aether8203@yahoo.com wrote:

    > My apologies to the group for the simplicity of this question.....
    >
    > I am trying to ftp to ftp.freebsd.org and trying to get the
    > source code for "mtree" (/pub/FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/src/
    > usr.sbin/mtree)

    What you will find in there are the RCS files that hold the history
    for the mtree sources. Your best bet if you don't want to download the
    whole source distribution is to use the link on www.freebsd.org for
    browsing the CVS repository, click your way to the src/usr.sbin/mtree
    directory and download the files you see there by http.

    --
    C:>WIN | Directable Mirror Arrays
    | http://www.sohara.org/

+ Reply to Thread