boot.conf syntax - BSD

This is a discussion on boot.conf syntax - BSD ; Hi, I've got quite basic/strange problem with "boot.conf" syntax. My brand new laptop requires "disable apm, enable acpi" stanza to boot bsd.mp. That's en easy part. Now if I put it into "boot.conf" I' m getting this: illegal argument apm ...

  1. boot.conf syntax

    Hi,

    I've got quite basic/strange problem with "boot.conf" syntax.

    My brand new laptop requires "disable apm, enable acpi" stanza to
    boot bsd.mp. That's en easy part.

    Now if I put it into "boot.conf" I' m getting this:

    illegal argument apm

    at the boot prompt - and I have to pass "-c" ...

    What's the problem ?

  2. Re: boot.conf syntax

    Michal Kurowski wrote:

    > My brand new laptop requires "disable apm, enable acpi" stanza to
    > boot bsd.mp. That's en easy part.
    >
    > Now if I put it into "boot.conf" I' m getting this:
    >
    > illegal argument apm
    >
    > at the boot prompt - and I have to pass "-c" ...
    >
    > What's the problem ?

    boot(8) doesn't know these commands, they are available only in
    boot_config(8). You don't need to boot -c and reenter this all the
    time, you can invoke config(8) on your kernel ("config -ef bsd.mp")
    and set and save your settings permanently.

    --
    Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy@mips.inka.de

+ Reply to Thread