Erlang - BSD

This is a discussion on Erlang - BSD ; The Erlang console shell seems to work OK, but the graphical tools (debugger, etc) for Erlang do not appear to work in 64-bit AMD OpenBSD 4.2....

  1. Erlang

    The Erlang console shell seems to work OK, but the graphical tools
    (debugger, etc) for Erlang do not appear to work in 64-bit AMD
    OpenBSD 4.2.

  2. Re: Erlang

    YANSWBVCG wrote:
    > The Erlang console shell seems to work OK, but the graphical tools
    > (debugger, etc) for Erlang do not appear to work in 64-bit AMD
    > OpenBSD 4.2.

    It turns out that the Erlang graphical tools use tk/tcl.
    So I installed tk/tcl and rebuilt Erlang. I get farther,
    but still no joy. Error output is:
    -------------
    2/home/daf}cd Erl/code
    2/home/daf/Erl/code}erl
    Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.5 [source] [64-bit] [async-threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

    Eshell V5.5.5 (abort with ^G)
    1> ii().
    ** exited: {undef,[{shell_default,ii,[]},
    {erl_eval,do_apply,5},
    {shell,exprs,6},
    {shell,eval_loop,3}]} **

    =ERROR REPORT==== 25-Nov-2007::13:02:35 ===
    Error in process <0.32.0> with exit value: {undef,[{shell_default,ii,[]},{erl_eval,do_apply,5},{shell,exprs,6},{shell,eva l_loop,3}]}

    2>

  3. Re: Erlang

    Erlang graphics started working after I rebooted and started the toolbox
    in a konsole session. The only problem is the font display at 1280x1024
    on my 1440x900 display. You get an idea what text looks like to someone
    with moderate macular degeneration. Other than that artifact, Erlang looks
    pretty neat.

+ Reply to Thread