Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history. - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history. - BSD ; On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:41:56 -0800, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote: > "Hadron" wrote >> Actually, no it hasn't. Ubuntu was build on Debian which has been >> around for 11 years. > > I tried to install debian last summer. > ...

  1. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:41:56 -0800, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > "Hadron" wrote
    >> Actually, no it hasn't. Ubuntu was build on Debian which has been
    >> around for 11 years.

    > I tried to install debian last summer.
    >
    > Didn't support my sound card
    > Didn't support my network card
    > Ran my HD in comatibility mode
    > No hardware accelerated video
    >
    > Didn't provide me with a mouse pointer.
    >
    > On about the 20'th reboot it had a kernel panic and failed to run at
    > that
    > point
    >
    > It was then ERASED FROM EXISTANCE.
    >
    > 11 years old ay? Impressive.
    >
    > Impressive something so worthless could survive that long.

    Why are you surprised that you've survived this long?

  2. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 04:39:41 -0800, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:
    >
    > I tried to install debian last summer.
    >
    > Didn't support my sound card
    > Didn't support my network card
    > Ran my HD in dead slow comatibility mode No hardware accelerated video
    >
    > Didn't provide me with a mouse pointer.
    >
    > On about the 20'th reboot it had a kernel panic and failed to run at
    > that point
    >
    > It was then ERASED FROM EXISTANCE.
    >
    > Impressive something so worthless could survive that long.

    So my workstation - dual head nvidia running full multimedia - and all my
    servers, which I had to reboot after 400 days uptime as they were moved
    to a new data centre are all crap are they?

    Maybe you were something silly like trying to install 4.0 or later in
    graphical mode on a 486 with 64meg ( which is what my voyage linux -
    based on debian - access point runs on in text mode ), or you're just
    blaming your tools.

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread