Re: Why the Perpetual Linux Failure? - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: Why the Perpetual Linux Failure? - BSD ; On Nov 17, 2:03 am, "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" wrote: > "Jeremy Fisher" wrote > > > Like any install of any system you need to do a little bit more than > > select > > Install. > > Really? I've never ...

  1. Re: Why the Perpetual Linux Failure?

    wrote:
    > "Jeremy Fisher" wrote
    >
    > > Like any install of any system you need to do a little bit more than
    > > select
    > > Install.

    > Really? I've never had to do any more with DOS/WINDOWS/ or the MAC OS.
    >
    > What is causing the LinTard OS to Suck so badly in this area?
    >
    > What is causing the Linux Installer to be incapable of Installing the
    > Linux OS?
    >
    > Several of the Installers in the various LinTard packages I tried couldn't
    > even manage to partition the
    > disks correctly.
    >
    > Why the perpetual Linux Failure?

    I share with you the feeling that Linux and the OpenSource movement
    have some serious flaws.

    But I don't think calling it "LinTard" is really helping yourself
    being considered serious about your opinions.

    Maybe you should show more respect to the community so they will start
    listening to you.

    It's easy to criticize something.. why don't you try to suggest some
    good improvements instead ?
    Maybe you'll tell me that you don't have time to lose to do so for
    such a cause.. well.. I think otherwise with your ~10k posts in
    different newsgroups last month.

    --Ben

  2. Re: Why the Perpetual Linux Failure?

    * Benoit Lefebvre fired off this tart reply:
    > On Nov 17, 2:03 am, "HangEveryRepubliKKKan"
    >>
    >> Why the perpetual Linux Failure?

    > I share with you the feeling that Linux and the OpenSource movement
    > have some serious flaws.
    >
    > But I don't think calling it "LinTard" is really helping yourself
    > being considered serious about your opinions.
    >
    > Maybe you should show more respect to the community so they will start
    > listening to you.
    >
    > It's easy to criticize something.. why don't you try to suggest some
    > good improvements instead ?
    > Maybe you'll tell me that you don't have time to lose to do so for
    > such a cause.. well.. I think otherwise with your ~10k posts in
    > different newsgroups last month.

    No. The real reason is, he is swine.

    At least the pearls you cast before him cost you nothing!

    By the way, there is no "OpenSource" movement. There may be a "Free
    Software" movement. But there definitely is a community of "Share and
    share alike".

    --
    Tux rox!

  3. Re: Why the Perpetual Linux Failure?

    On 2007-11-19, Benoit Lefebvre wrote:
    > On Nov 17, 2:03 am, "HangEveryRepubliKKKan"
    > wrote:
    >> "Jeremy Fisher" wrote
    >>
    >> > Like any install of any system you need to do a little bit more than
    >> > select
    >> > Install.

    >> Really? I've never had to do any more with DOS/WINDOWS/ or the MAC OS.
    >>
    >> What is causing the LinTard OS to Suck so badly in this area?
    >>
    >> What is causing the Linux Installer to be incapable of Installing the
    >> Linux OS?
    >>
    >> Several of the Installers in the various LinTard packages I tried couldn't
    >> even manage to partition the
    >> disks correctly.
    >>
    >> Why the perpetual Linux Failure?

    > I share with you the feeling that Linux and the OpenSource movement
    > have some serious flaws.
    >
    > But I don't think calling it "LinTard" is really helping yourself
    > being considered serious about your opinions.

    ...also attempting to claim that it is less sophisticated than
    MS-DOS is not going to get you taken seriously.

    [deletia]

    Although I really doubt he cares to be.

    --

    Metallica is not worth the ruination of someone |||
    who has pirated their music / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

+ Reply to Thread