Re: Is it still Raining lollypops and gumdrops in LinTard Land - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: Is it still Raining lollypops and gumdrops in LinTard Land - BSD ; HangEveryRepubliKKKan writes: > Now, we see that in the last 300 days Vista has sold around 100 million > copies, Not according to Microsoft, they didn't. Microsoft themselves claim only 88 million licensed "shipped": http://www.electronista.com/articles....rate.slowing/ Your 100 million copies claim ...

  1. Re: Is it still Raining lollypops and gumdrops in LinTard Land

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan writes:

    > Now, we see that in the last 300 days Vista has sold around 100 million
    > copies,

    Not according to Microsoft, they didn't. Microsoft themselves claim only 88
    million licensed "shipped":

    http://www.electronista.com/articles....rate.slowing/

    Your 100 million copies claim is utterly bogus. Furthermore that's just the
    number of licensed that was "shipped" by Microsoft. Probably half of them
    are sitting in some warehouse somewhere, gathering dust, waiting for someone
    to come along and buy them. And, of the rest, a good number probably ended
    up getting downgraded to XP.

    "… Every PC/laptop we purchase now comes with Vista and is instantly
    downgraded to XP…"

    http://software.silicon.com/os/0,390...9169139,00.htm

    I'm sure that guy's purchase orders are part of that 88 million number.
    Vista turned out to be such a dud, that even many of Microsoft's fanboys
    despise it, and downgrade it to XP at every possible opportunity.

    Meanwhile, Mac OS X is outselling Vista in Japan:

    http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...ndows-in-japan

    > and that Linux has not only not achieved any presence on the
    > desktop, but has acutally decreased in marketshare.

    And where did you get /that/ claim from. Probably the same place that gave
    you the 100 million Vista fantasy.

    Most surveys that attempt to measure Linux's marketshare only measure the
    raw number of commercial licenses shipped. It's the only thing that they can
    possibly measure, but it's only a fraction of the true share for the simple
    reason that commercial licenses are just a small fraction of the overall
    Linux marketshare. For every shipped commercial Linux license, there are a
    countless number of installations of non-commercial Linux distribution. I
    have four servers and three laptops running Fedora 8. It's a sure bet that
    none of them will ever appear in any so-called official market share survey.

    > So... What happened LinTard? How did YOOZERS go so spectacularly wrong?
    >
    > Is it still raining Gumdrops and lollypops in LinTard Land?

    Sir, how old are you?

  2. Re: Is it still Raining lollypops and gumdrops in LinTard Land

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan writes:

    > "Sam" wrote
    >
    > Sam... Sam... Sam.... I don't do attachments in Usenet.

    Stupid… stupid… stupid… My messages are plain text. Please don't blame me
    for you buggy Microsoft ****ware that fails to follow ten year-old Internet
    standards.

  3. Re: Is it still Raining lollypops and gumdrops in LinTard Land

    In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    Sam didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: utf-8, 15 lines --]

    > HangEveryRepubliKKKan writes:

    >> "Sam" wrote
    >>
    >> Sam... Sam... Sam.... I don't do attachments in Usenet.

    > Stupid? stupid? stupid? My messages are plain text. Please don't blame me
    > for you buggy Microsoft ****ware that fails to follow ten year-old Internet
    > standards.

    Awww, he's all confused by utf8...
    Isn't it sweet?