Re: Linux Death Watch - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: Linux Death Watch - BSD ; HangEveryRepubliKKKan: Go do something constructive with your time. Your antics are not appreciated here, and your anti-Linux crusade is achieving nothing. Everyone else: Stop replying to this galah. He is clearly just stirring for kicks. Just ignore him and he ...

  1. Re: Linux Death Watch

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan: Go do something constructive with your time.
    Your antics are not appreciated here, and your anti-Linux crusade is
    achieving nothing.

    Everyone else: Stop replying to this galah. He is clearly just
    stirring for kicks. Just ignore him and he will probably go away.

  2. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:11:20 -0800
    "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" wrote:

    > Now, we see that in the last 300 days Vista has sold around 100 million
    > copies,

    Has it really sold 100 million copies - or have there been 100
    million PCs sold with Vista pre-installed ? Have you tried to buy a PC
    without Vista in the last nine months or so ? I've heard enough people
    complaining that they would rather have had XP. For that matter most of the
    machines bought in the last several months for running a BSD or Linux were
    bought with Windows Vista installed.

    In short - the statistic is meaningless except to note that
    Microsoft continues to succeed in being bundled with almost every PC sold.
    If you want an interesting number to play with find out how many people buy
    Vista on disc to replace the OS they already have.

    Oh and finally I personally don't care what the most popular OS is,
    I am happy that there is a choice of OSs available so that people can
    choose one that they like. I would be happier still if it was easier to
    exchange data with those few OSs that don't use documented data formats.

    --
    C:>WIN | Directable Mirror Arrays
    | http://www.sohara.org/

+ Reply to Thread