Re: Wine - Yet Another LinTard Failure - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: Wine - Yet Another LinTard Failure - BSD ; HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote: > "High Plains Thumper" wrote > >> There is more to it. If you want to run Windows >> applications, use Wine or commercial equivalent. > > There is no commercial equivalent to wine. Think again, trollboi. http://www.linux.com/articles/59774 ...

  1. Re: Wine - Yet Another LinTard Failure

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:
    > "High Plains Thumper" wrote
    >
    >> There is more to it. If you want to run Windows
    >> applications, use Wine or commercial equivalent.

    > There is no commercial equivalent to wine.

    Think again, trollboi.

    http://www.linux.com/articles/59774

    Running Windows applications with CrossOver Linux 6.0
    By Mayank Sharma on January 29, 2007 (8:00:00 AM)

    CodeWeavers this month announced version 6.0 of its flagship
    Windows compatibility product. Now called CrossOver Linux, the
    new version is the first with official support for games. With
    its growing application support and foray into gaming, CrossOver
    Linux 6 is an excellent alternative for Linux users who are stuck
    with a Windows application at work or at school.
    I also successfully installed Microsoft Office XP. After
    installation, I was able to add custom document templates and
    copy and paste text to and from Linux applications.

    I installed the Steam game client, and was able to play demo
    versions of World Of Warcraft, Half Life, Heroes of Annihilated
    Empires, and Medieval II Total War. Similarly, the rest of the
    supported applications I tried didn't give me much to complain
    about; none of them ever crashed.

    http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=cxo

    CrossOver Linux allows you to install your favorite Windows
    productivity applications, plugins and games in Linux, without
    needing a Microsoft Operating System license. CrossOver includes
    an easy to use, single click interface, which makes installing a
    Windows application simple and fast. Once installed, your
    application integrate seamlessly with your Gnome or KDE
    environment. Just click and run your application, exactly as you
    would in Windows, but with the full freedom of Linux.

    Installing your favorite Windows software is easy. New Windows
    applications can be installed using their normal installation
    CDs. Just place a Windows CD in your PC, and CrossOver will
    recognize it and offer to begin the installation process.
    CrossOver then completes the installation and configures your
    application to run under Linux. That's all there is to it.

    CrossOver Linux lets you use many Windows plugins directly from
    your Linux browser. Plugin works on any x86 based Linux
    distribution and will integrate with most browsers including
    Firefox 1.x, Netscape 6.x, Konqueror, Mozilla, and Opera.
    CrossOver also integrates with Gnome and KDE to let you
    transparently open any Word, Excel or PowerPoint file. But even
    better, you can open these attachment types directly from any
    mail client. Because CrossOver uses the natve Windows plugins,
    you get the best compatibility possible.

    Supported applications

    1S:Software The Geometer's Sketchpad 4
    Adobe Acrobat Reader 5
    Adobe Framemaker 6.0
    Adobe Framemaker 7.0
    Adobe FrameMaker 7.1
    Adobe Photoshop 5.0
    Adobe Photoshop 6.0
    Adobe Photoshop 7.0
    Apple iTunes
    Apple QuickTime 6
    Avantstar Quick View Plus 7
    Cerulean Studios Trillian 0.74f
    Ebrary ebrary Reader 2.5
    eFax eFax Messenger 2
    IBM Lotus Notes R5
    IBM Lotus Notes 6.5.1+
    Intuit Quicken 2002
    Intuit Quicken 2003
    Intuit Quicken 2004
    Intuit Quicken 2005
    Intuit QuickBooks 2003
    Intuit QuickBooks 2004
    Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2001
    Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2002
    Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2003
    Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2004
    iPIX iPIX Viewer
    MacKichan Scientific Word 4.10
    Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
    Macromedia Flash MX
    Macromedia Flash Player 7
    Macromedia Shockwave 8.5
    MDL Information Systems Chime
    Microsoft Word Viewer 97/2000
    Microsoft Excel Viewer 97/2000
    Microsoft Powerpoint Viewer 97/2000
    Microsoft Excel 97
    Microsoft Word 97
    Microsoft Outlook 97
    Microsoft Access 97
    Microsoft Word 2000
    Microsoft Excel 2000
    Microsoft PowerPoint 2000
    Microsoft Outlook 2000
    Microsoft Access 2000
    Microsoft Project 2000
    Microsoft Word 2002 (XP)
    Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP)
    Microsoft Excel 2002 (XP)
    Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 (XP)
    Microsoft Project 2002
    Microsoft Word 2003
    Microsoft Excel 2003
    Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
    Microsoft Windows Media Player 6.4
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
    Parallel Graphics Cortona VRML Client 4
    Remedy Remedy ARS 5.01
    Thomson ISI ResearchSoft Endnote 5.0
    Thomson ISI ResearchSoft Endnote 6.0
    Thomson ISI ResearchSoft Endnote 7.0
    Thomson ISI ResearchSoft EndNote 8.0

    > And Wine has never been out of beta. Further, even it's own
    > creators claim it can't be taken seriously.
    >
    > Wine - Yet another LinTard Failure.

    StarCraft + Touchscreen on linux with wine

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYY-g6ionzM

    --
    HPT

  2. Re: Wine - Yet Another Linux Success

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:
    > "High Plains Thumper" wrote
    >> HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:
    >>
    >>> There is no commercial equivalent to wine.

    >> Think again, trollboi.
    >>
    >> http://www.linux.com/articles/59774

    > Only supports games written for the STEAM game engine.

    Wrong again, trollboi.

    http://frankscorner.org/

    This website contains all the information you need to get some
    popular Windows applications and games running on Linux using
    Wine. Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API on
    top of X and Unix.

    All information on this site is related to Wine and not to
    WineX/Cedega or CrossOver Office.
    http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=action

    Action

    4x4 Evolution
    AquaPop
    Arkout 3D
    Around 3D
    Billy Bob
    Blockout
    Bomber Mania
    Collapser 3D
    Dirt Track Racing Demo
    Dirt Track Racing 2 Demo
    Driver
    Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
    Galaxy Invaders
    Gem Mine
    GeneRally
    Grand Theft Auto
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Highway Pursuit
    Jazz Jackrabbit 2
    JBall
    Lode Runner Online
    Mafia
    Mageslayer
    Mummy's Curse
    Naval Strike
    Onslaught
    Pacmanic Christmas
    Pacmanic Worlds
    Puzzle Railway
    Sky Fire
    Snowball
    Starball
    Tank Assault
    The Treasures Of India
    http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=fps

    First person shooters

    Call Of duty
    Code Red
    Counter-Strike
    Daikatana
    Delta force
    Gore
    Half-life
    Half-life 2
    Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    Gunman Chronicles
    Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
    Heavy Metal FAKK 2
    Kingpin: Life Of Crime
    Klingon Honor Guard
    Max Payne
    Max Payne 2
    Operations Flashpoint Cold War
    Operations Flashpoint Resistance
    Prey
    Quake 2
    Quake 3 Arena
    Sin
    Soldier Of Fortune
    Soldier Of Fortune 2
    Star Trek - Away Team
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - The Fallen
    Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force
    Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force 2
    Steam
    Thief - The Dark Project
    Starsiege Tribes
    Unreal
    Unreal Tournament
    Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory
    http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=rpg

    RPG/adventure

    American McGee's Alice
    Avernum
    Avernum 2
    Avernum 3
    Dark Earth
    Deus Ex
    Diablo 2
    Heretic 2
    Icewind Dale
    Nethergate
    Neverhood
    Nox
    Planescape Torment
    Rune
    Wizardy 8
    World Of Warcraft
    http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=simulation

    Simulation

    Live For Speed S1
    Rollercoaster Tycoon
    Simcity 3000
    Simcity 4
    Star Trek - Bridge Commander
    Zoo Tycoon 2
    http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=strategy

    Strategy

    Caesar 3
    Command & Conquer
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert
    Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
    Commandos - Behind Enemy Lines
    Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars
    Emperor
    Europa Universalis
    Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40,000
    Homeworld
    Pharaoh
    Settlers IV
    Starcraft
    Stronghold: Crusader
    Sudden Strike
    Tropico
    Tropico 2
    Warcraft 3
    Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne
    Zeus - Master of Olympus
    --
    HPT

  3. Re: Wine - Yet Another LinTard Failure

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:
    > alt wrote
    >
    >> Codeweavers' Crossover Office is an excellent product. And a
    >> lot of the stuff they do goes back into Wine. Well worth the
    >> $40 for a license.

    > Well that's $40 you could have spent on Windows, unlike
    > codeweaver, you would have 100% windows compatibility rather
    > than a small subset.

    Think again, trollboi, nothing MS is available at that cost.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ista&Tpk=vista

    or http://tinyurl.com/377nwp

    Single Pack DVD - OEM (lowest cost, but tied to initial hardware
    installation, cannot be transferred):

    Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium for System Builders
    * Your Price:$111.99

    Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Ultimate for System Builders
    * Your Price:$179.99

    Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Business for System Builders
    * Your Price:$144.99

    Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Basic for System Builders
    * Your Price:$94.99

    Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders
    * Your Price:$111.99

    Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Ultimate for System Builders
    * Your Price:$179.99

    Home Basic 32-Bit is not available in OEM except in 3-pack,
    Retail shown:

    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic DVD - Retail
    * Your Price:$149.99

    --
    HPT

  4. Re: Wine - Yet Another LinTard Failure

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Home Basic 32-Bit is not available in OEM except in 3-pack,
    > Retail shown:
    >
    > Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic DVD - Retail * Your
    > Price:$149.99

    Correction, is on Page 2:

    Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Basic for System Builders
    Single Pack DVD - OEM
    * Your Price:$94.99

    --
    HPT