Re: Linux Death Watch - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: Linux Death Watch - BSD ; On 2007-11-19, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote: > > "Builder" wrote > \> I have a theory: all you Linux/OSS numbnuts are just guzzling sour grapes >> because "forced" really means the world chooses Windows over Linux >> virtually >> every time. At ...

  1. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On 2007-11-19, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > "Builder" wrote
    > \> I have a theory: all you Linux/OSS numbnuts are just guzzling sour grapes
    >> because "forced" really means the world chooses Windows over Linux
    >> virtually
    >> every time. At virtually any price.

    > That's no theory. That is a simple fact.
    >
    > Unix has never been able to cut it in the OS marketplace, and this is
    > because Unix is just to brain dead.

    So?

    As long as Tux is being projected on big movie screens in front of
    Moscone Center by Billion Dollar software vendors I am not so worried.

    [deletia]

    Linux isn't going anywhere. There is no "rush". The naysayers keep
    on saying nay and Linux just gets stronger. It might not be fast
    enough for some people, but it's in no danger of going the way of
    BeOS, OS/2 or the Amiga.

    --

    It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate.

    They brought us the email virus.

    In my Atari days, such a notion would have |||
    been considered a complete absurdity. / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On 2007-11-16, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > "JEDIDIAH" wrote
    >> Linux isn't going anywhere. There is no "rush". The naysayers keep
    >> on saying nay and Linux just gets stronger. It might not be fast
    >> enough for some people, but it's in no danger of going the way of
    >> BeOS, OS/2 or the Amiga.

    > Very true. Linux will be around long after you are dead. Eaten by
    > anouther version of the UniTard OS that still will never make it as a viable
    > OS.
    >
    > Unix is poison.
    > Linux is Poison.

    Fortunately, all of those people that have to be responsible for
    computers that do actual real work and store important data aren't
    quite so neurotic.

    What are you gonna do? Ressurect VMS? The lastest flavor of the
    month from Redmond isn't going to cut it.

    --

    It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate.

    They brought us the email virus.

    In my Atari days, such a notion would have |||
    been considered a complete absurdity. / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:55:31 -0800, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > "JEDIDIAH" wrote
    >> What are you gonna do? Ressurect VMS? The lastest flavor of the
    >> month from Redmond isn't going to cut it.

    > 250 million Vista users projected in 365 days.
    >
    > 100 million Currently.

    250 million turkeys

    --
    ___ _______ ___ ___ ___ __ ____
    / _ \/ __/ _ | / _ \ / _ \/ _ |/ / / / /

  4. Re: Linux Death Watch

    In article ,
    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    >"JEDIDIAH" wrote
    >> Linux isn't going anywhere. There is no "rush". The naysayers keep
    >> on saying nay and Linux just gets stronger. It might not be fast
    >> enough for some people, but it's in no danger of going the way of
    >> BeOS, OS/2 or the Amiga.

    > Very true. Linux will be around long after you are dead. Eaten by
    >anouther version of the UniTard OS that still will never make it as a viable
    >OS.
    >
    > Unix is poison.
    > Linux is Poison.

    Microsoft is poisonous!!
    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca

  5. Re: Linux Death Watch

  6. Re: Linux Death Watch

  7. Re: Linux Death Watch

    In article ,
    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    >"The Doctor" wrote
    >> Microsoft is poisonous!!

    > Microsoft is a disease.
    >
    > Linux is a placebo.

    Anything but M$ and Linsucks!
    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
    God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
    Voting Canadians vote anyone but Harper Cronies!!

  8. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On 2007-11-18, ed wrote:

    > HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    >> "ed" wrote PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    >>> You're so full of hate are you not.

    >> I don't tollerate fools.

    > Its tolerate. Not tollerate.

    It's "It's" not "Its".

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

  9. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:45:24 UTC, ed wrote:

    > Its tolerate. Not tollerate.

    And it's "It's". Not "Its".
    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  10. Re: Linux Death Watch

  11. Re: Linux Death Watch

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    >>> I don't tollerate fools.

    > "ed"
    >> Its tolerate. Not tollerate.

    > Not in my country.

    The entire country of Canada can't spell?

    Fascinating.

  12. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On Nov 16, 1:55 am, "HangEveryRepubliKKKan"
    wrote:
    > "JEDIDIAH" wrote
    >
    > > What are you gonna do? Ressurect VMS? The lastest flavor of the
    > > month from Redmond isn't going to cut it.

    > 250 million Vista users projected in 365 days.

    Where did you get that statistic? Are you sure that wasn't something
    more like 250 million License Units in 365 days?

    > 100 million Currently.

    My understanding was that Microsoft sold 88 million license units,
    which included upgrades from Vista Home editions to Vista Business
    which could then be downgraded and shipped to the end-user/customer as
    Windows XP.

    The 88 million number came from Microsoft's quarterly report to the
    SEC. The downgrade policy was confirmed by a Microsoft marketing
    executive.

    I don't think there has been a confirmation of 100 million USERS at
    this point.
    It's possible that Microsoft has achieved 100 million license units,
    but I haven't seen the confirmation in public documents yet. Do you
    have a cite?

  13. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:23:42 -0800, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    >>> 250 million Vista users projected in 365 days.
    >>>
    >>> 100 million Currently.

    > "Dead Paul" wrote
    >> 250 million turkeys

    > 250 million facts you won't be able to deal with. Just as you can't deal
    > with the 100 million facts of today.

    they are still 250 million turkeys.

    --
    ___ _______ ___ ___ ___ __ ____
    / _ \/ __/ _ | / _ \ / _ \/ _ |/ / / / /

  14. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On 2007-11-16, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > "JEDIDIAH" wrote
    >> What are you gonna do? Ressurect VMS? The lastest flavor of the
    >> month from Redmond isn't going to cut it.

    > 250 million Vista users projected in 365 days.
    >
    > 100 million Currently.

    So? They run whatever Dell preloads.

    It can be Vista.

    It can be XP.

    It can be MS-DOS.

    The machine sitting under my desk chugging away running
    Ubuntu (which would be grossly underspec'ed for Vista) is
    counted in those "statistics" of yours.

    --
    Sure, I could use iTunes even under Linux. However, I have |||
    better things to do with my time than deal with how iTunes doesn't / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

  15. Re: Linux Death Watch

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 04:51:31 -0800, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > "Dead Paul" wrote
    >> they are still 250 million turkeys.

    > And that is still 250 times the installed base of the LinTurd OS.

    You still here?
    Thanksgiving coming up - turkey season lol

    --

+ Reply to Thread