Backport of rum in 6.2? - BSD

This is a discussion on Backport of rum in 6.2? - BSD ; Hi, I've a Wlan USB Stick with a Ralink rt73 chip (Conceptonic C54RU) and would like to set up 6.2 on a i386 machine. The Chip is supported by rum, which was only implemented in CURRENT so far. Any ideas ...

  1. Backport of rum in 6.2?

    Hi,

    I've a Wlan USB Stick with a Ralink rt73 chip (Conceptonic C54RU) and
    would like to set up 6.2 on a i386 machine.
    The Chip is supported by rum, which was only implemented in CURRENT so
    far. Any ideas how to set it up in STABLE?

    Timur

    --

  2. Re: Backport of rum in 6.2?

    On 11/17/2007 21:00, Timur Solmaz wrote:
    > I've a Wlan USB Stick with a Ralink rt73 chip (Conceptonic C54RU) and
    > would like to set up 6.2 on a i386 machine.
    > The Chip is supported by rum, which was only implemented in CURRENT so
    > far. Any ideas how to set it up in STABLE?

    The CURRENT is 8.0 now a days and the upcoming release 7.0-BETA2 has
    been released; you may try any of these.

    Don't panic, the 8.0-CURRENT for i386 is also as stable as was
    7.0-CURRENT; I successfully am running a test server on FreeBSD-CURRENT
    since long.

    All you need to do is read the /usr/src/UPDATING carefully and fine tune
    a copy of /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC before building the world and
    kernel.

    Anu'z Linux@HOME (Unix Shoppe) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
    Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Gentoo, Fedora, Debian/FreeBSD/XP