openBSD and audit trails - BSD

This is a discussion on openBSD and audit trails - BSD ; I need to keep track of audit trails of my openBSD users, but I do not know how to do it. Any suggestions? Please do not suggest sudo since, I believe, it introduces a new level of weakness since it ...

  1. openBSD and audit trails

    I need to keep track of audit trails of my openBSD users, but I do not
    know how to do it. Any suggestions?

    Please do not suggest sudo since, I believe, it introduces a new level
    of weakness since it bypasses the root password. Plus I do not know
    how to keep audit trails for root when sudo in place.

    Thanks

  2. Re: openBSD and audit trails

    rami013@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I need to keep track of audit trails of my openBSD users, but I do not
    > know how to do it. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Please do not suggest sudo since, I believe, it introduces a new level
    > of weakness since it bypasses the root password. Plus I do not know
    > how to keep audit trails for root when sudo in place.

    Explain first what an 'audit trail' is. This can be pretty much
    anything, after all.

    Then we can try to help you, although I should warn you that OpenBSD is
    more about security than about auditability.

    Joachim

+ Reply to Thread