Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history. - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history. - BSD ; "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" writes: >"Hadron" wrote >> Actually, no it hasn't. Ubuntu was build on Debian which has been around >> for 11 years. > I tried to install debian last summer. > Didn't support my sound card > Didn't support my ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

  1. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" writes:

    >"Hadron" wrote
    >> Actually, no it hasn't. Ubuntu was build on Debian which has been around
    >> for 11 years.

    > I tried to install debian last summer.

    > Didn't support my sound card
    > Didn't support my network card
    > Ran my HD in comatibility mode
    > No hardware accelerated video

    > Didn't provide me with a mouse pointer.

    Excellent. That millions around the world manage without much effort to get
    their distros to do all of those things, and you cannot obviously says a
    lot about Linux.

    > On about the 20'th reboot it had a kernel panic and failed to run at that
    >point

    > It was then ERASED FROM EXISTANCE.

    > 11 years old ay? Impressive.

    > Impressive something so worthless could survive that long.

    You are only 11 years old?

  2. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    Unruh wrote:

    >Nameless troll:
    >>
    >>Impressive something so worthless could survive that long.

    >You are only 11 years old?

    You'd think that he'd try to make up some lies that were remotely
    believable...

  3. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv

    wrote
    on Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:55:05 -0600
    <788rj3pod83t40ana1fdso2pq09tpi32i2@4ax.com>:
    > Unruh wrote:
    >
    >>Nameless troll:
    >>>
    >>>Impressive something so worthless could survive that long.

    >>You are only 11 years old?

    > You'd think that he'd try to make up some lies that were remotely
    > believable...

    And with a little more information.

    - Didn't support my sound card.

    * Sound card type?
    * Kernel version?
    * Message(s) from the log /var/log/messages during bootup or on screen?

    - Didn't support my network [+] card.

    * Network card type?
    * Kernel version?
    * Message(s) from the log /var/log/messages during bootup or on screen?
    * Additional useful information like router setup, DHCP, etc.?

    - Ran my HD in comatibility mode

    * Assuming "compatibility"[*]
    * HD type?
    * HD brand?
    * Exact message indicating compatibility (or comatibility??) mode?

    - No hardware accelerated video

    * Video type?
    * Kernel version?
    * Config options in /etc/X11/xorg.conf?
    * Diagnostic output from /var/log/Xorg.0.log?

    - Didn't provide me with a mouse pointer.

    * Mouse type?
    * Diagnostic output from /var/log/Xorg.0.log?

    - Kernel panic after 20th reboot

    * Message from panic?
    * Kernel version?

    I suspect a hardware problem (insert random brain joke
    here!), and with this dearth of information troubleshooting
    is going to be extremely difficult at best -- assuming
    that was his intention at all, which it probably wasn't.

    Note that the above questions aren't all that OS-specific
    (though the location of the messages is).

    [+] This could be referring to traditional wired LAN or WiFi.
    "Network" is way too vague here.
    [*] I have no idea what this is. Could be something in
    RAID space, could be a mode in SATA or AT/IDE drives
    that some systems support. I'd frankly have to
    research this point.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #40490127:
    for(; ;

  4. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    chrisv wrote:

    > Unruh wrote:
    >
    >>Nameless troll:
    >>>
    >>>Impressive something so worthless could survive that long.

    >>You are only 11 years old?

    > You'd think that he'd try to make up some lies that were remotely
    > believable...

    It's completely believable if he is indeed running an 11 year old distro -
    you'll probably experience the same problems if you install slackware 3.0
    on modern hardware.

  5. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    chrisv wrote:

    >Unruh wrote:
    >
    >>Nameless troll:
    >>>
    >>>Impressive something so worthless could survive that long.

    >>You are only 11 years old?

    >You'd think that he'd try to make up some lies that were remotely
    >believable...

    Note to "Pomory". Your message was deleted, unread.

  6. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:09:33 GMT, Unruh wrote:

    >"HangEveryRepubliKKKan" writes:

    >>"Hadron" wrote
    >>> Actually, no it hasn't. Ubuntu was build on Debian which has been around
    >>> for 11 years.

    >> I tried to install debian last summer.

    >> Didn't support my sound card
    >> Didn't support my network card
    >> Ran my HD in comatibility mode
    >> No hardware accelerated video

    >> Didn't provide me with a mouse pointer.

    >Excellent. That millions around the world manage without much effort to get
    >their distros to do all of those things, and you cannot obviously says a
    >lot about Linux.

    >> On about the 20'th reboot it had a kernel panic and failed to run at that
    >>point

    >> It was then ERASED FROM EXISTANCE.

    >> 11 years old ay? Impressive.

    >> Impressive something so worthless could survive that long.

    >You are only 11 years old?

    Hard to say. Idiots like him can be chronically 50 yet still fail to do what
    a five year old can do.

  7. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Nov 16, 12:29 pm, AZ Nomad wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:09:33 GMT, Unruh wrote:
    > >"HangEveryRepubliKKKan" writes:
    > >>"Hadron" wrote
    > >> I tried to install debian last summer.
    > >> Didn't support my sound card
    > >> Didn't support my network card
    > >> Ran my HD in comatibility mode
    > >> No hardware accelerated video
    > >> Didn't provide me with a mouse pointer.

    > >Excellent. That millions around the world manage without much effort to get
    > >their distros to do all of those things, and you cannot obviously says a
    > >lot about Linux.
    > >> On about the 20'th reboot it had a kernel panic and failed to run at that
    > >>point
    > >> It was then ERASED FROM EXISTANCE.
    > >> 11 years old ay? Impressive.
    > >> Impressive something so worthless could survive that long.

    > >You are only 11 years old?

    > Hard to say. Idiots like him can be chronically 50 yet still fail to do what
    > a five year old can do.

    You all think Ubuntu sucks, you should try and find SHAZAAMiX v Tard.
    0. It's a special flavor of Linux written by the one and only Jeremy
    "GOMER" Miller. Gawwwwlyyyyyy!

  8. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 03:53:51 UTC, "HangEveryRepubliKKKan"
    wrote:

    > "The Ghost In The Machine" wrote
    > > I suspect a hardware problem (insert random brain joke
    > > here!), and with this dearth of information troubleshooting
    > > is going to be extremely difficult at best -- assuming
    > > that was his intention at all, which it probably wasn't.

    > No one is asking you to trouble shoot. If you care to be my guest, the
    > info was posted to this fourm 14 months ago.
    >
    > The problem was readily solved. I installed Windows and everything runs
    > perfectly.

    Fine. Off you go, then.

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  9. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 04:05:17 UTC, "HangEveryRepubliKKKan"
    wrote:

    > >> The problem was readily solved. I installed Windows and everything
    > >> runs
    > >> perfectly.

    > "Bob Eager" wrote
    > > Fine. Off you go, then.

    > Not so fast.
    >
    > You see, I'm here to find out why the predictions of the LinTard community
    > were so horribly wrong when they claimed that in 2007, Microsoft would fall
    > flat on it's face and that the LinTard OS would take over the OS market once
    > and for all.
    >
    > So what are you thoughts on last years LinTurd delusions Bob?

    I'm not bothered. OS wars have happened for as long as I remember (and
    that's a long time). And anyway, I'm reading this (as it's been wrongly
    crossposted) in a BSD newsgroup. BSD has nothing much to do with Linux.
    Different system. Different history.

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  10. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc.]
    On 2007-11-16, HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    >>> The problem was readily solved. I installed Windows and everything
    >>> runs perfectly.

    > "Bob Eager" wrote
    >> Fine. Off you go, then.

    > Not so fast.
    >
    > You see, I'm here to find out why the predictions of the LinTard community
    > were so horribly wrong when they claimed that in 2007, Microsoft would fall
    > flat on it's face and that the LinTard OS would take over the OS market once
    > and for all.

    What? In a FreeBSD newsgroup? Why do you think anybody cares? Go drink
    some more of your Windows Kool-Aid.

  11. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > I'm not bothered. OS wars have happened for as long as I remember (and
    > that's a long time).

    Commodore 64 is crap! ZX Spectrum rules!
    (so there)

  12. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 08:41:06 UTC, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    > Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > > I'm not bothered. OS wars have happened for as long as I remember (and
    > > that's a long time).

    > Commodore 64 is crap! ZX Spectrum rules!
    > (so there)

    But they are fairly new. I'm talking much further back...!

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  13. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.misc,
    Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 08:41:06 UTC, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    >> Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    >> > I'm not bothered. OS wars have happened for as long as I remember (and
    >> > that's a long time).

    >> Commodore 64 is crap! ZX Spectrum rules!
    >> (so there)
    >>

    > But they are fairly new. I'm talking much further back...!

    Unix is crap! VMS rules?
    Can't go much further back or we'd be in "Eniac is crap! Colossus rules!"
    territory.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  14. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:56:23 UTC, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.misc,
    > Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > > On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 08:41:06 UTC, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > >> In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    > >> Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > >>
    > >> Commodore 64 is crap! ZX Spectrum rules!
    > >> (so there)
    > >>

    > > But they are fairly new. I'm talking much further back...!

    > Unix is crap! VMS rules?

    There is that....I have a couple of VMS machines here. But I go back
    further than that...there's a 30 year gap between Colossus and VMS!

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  15. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On 2007-11-25, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Unix is crap! VMS rules?
    > Can't go much further back or we'd be in "Eniac is crap! Colossus rules!"
    > territory.

    Slide rule rules. That's why they call it a slide *RULE!* Duh!

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  16. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 22:36:22 UTC, John Thompson
    wrote:

    > On 2007-11-25, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >
    > > Unix is crap! VMS rules?
    > > Can't go much further back or we'd be in "Eniac is crap! Colossus rules!"
    > > territory.

    Inaccurate, since neither of those was an operating system. And there is
    still a working Colossus too!

    > Slide rule rules. That's why they call it a slide *RULE!* Duh!

    Still got mine!

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  17. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    Bob Eager wrote:

    > On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 22:36:22 UTC, John Thompson
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-11-25, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >>
    >> > Unix is crap! VMS rules?
    >> > Can't go much further back or we'd be in "Eniac is crap! Colossus rules!"
    >> > territory.

    > Inaccurate, since neither of those was an operating system. And there is
    > still a working Colossus too!
    >

    >> Slide rule rules. That's why they call it a slide *RULE!* Duh!

    > Still got mine!

    I still have mine too! Found it the other day when I was searching for something
    else.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 2

  18. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.misc,
    Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 22:36:22 UTC, John Thompson
    > wrote:

    >> On 2007-11-25, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >>
    >> > Unix is crap! VMS rules?
    >> > Can't go much further back or we'd be in "Eniac is crap! Colossus rules!"
    >> > territory.

    > Inaccurate, since neither of those was an operating system. And there is
    > still a working Colossus too!

    Not quite...
    There is NOW a working colossus, yes.
    But not "still". It's new.
    The last original colossus was dismantled after the war and the blueprints
    stamped with top secret. (And everyone involved with it bound by the
    official secrets act)

    That incredibly stupid act set the british computer industry back decades.

    >> Slide rule rules. That's why they call it a slide *RULE!* Duh!

    > Still got mine!

    Never had one.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  19. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 23:45:41 UTC, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.misc,
    > Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > > On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 22:36:22 UTC, John Thompson
    > > wrote:

    > > Inaccurate, since neither of those was an operating system. And there is
    > > still a working Colossus too!

    > Not quite...
    > There is NOW a working colossus, yes.
    > But not "still". It's new.

    That's nit picking, though. I know it's new; I've seen it being built.

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  20. Re: 2007 The greatest defeat in LinTard history.

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:56:23 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.misc,
    >Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    >> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 08:41:06 UTC, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>> In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    >>> Bob Eager didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    >>>
    >>> Commodore 64 is crap! ZX Spectrum rules!
    >>> (so there)
    >>>

    >> But they are fairly new. I'm talking much further back...!

    >Unix is crap! VMS rules?
    >Can't go much further back or we'd be in "Eniac is crap! Colossus rules!"
    >territory.

    What do you expect? Microsoft still hasn't embraced the early 60's technology
    where an operating system is protected from its users.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast