Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:03:02 -0500
From: "Fred Benenson"
To: "Free Culture @ NYU's list serv"
Subject: [free-culture] 9:30am Tomorrow: Will you be calling to stop the Peer to Peer File Sharing Hijacks Higher Education Reauthorization Bill?

Free Culture @ NYU,

Things have really come together in the last couple of
hours. After sending out the last post

http://www.freeculturenyu.org/2007/1...-financial-aid

we've had a lot of people come out and offer their time for
tomorrow. We've also renamed the "The College Opportunity and
Affordibility Act of 2007" to the "Peer to Peer File Sharing
Hijacks Higher Education Reauthorization Bill".

We're going to be going through the list of representatives
sponsoring this bill:

http://freeculture.org/blog/2007/11/...r-lose-funding

and calling their offices tomorrow, asking to speak with their
legislative directors so that we can make it clear that the
provision of the bill that forces colleges to filter their
students internet access should be removed.

Free Culture @ NYU will happily supply the coffee and bagels, you bring your
laptop and a Skypeout account, see

http://www.skype.com/products/skypeout

or your cell phone!

Here's the info:
*
Free Culture @ NYU Phone Bank
Tuesday, November 13th @ 9:30am
7th floor of Kimmel
Washington Square South + La Guardia
Free Coffee and Bagels*

Come be a part of it so that you can tell your friends that you did
something to help stop Congress from breaking NYU's Internet and financial
aid.

< ... />