compare file permissions between directories - BSD

This is a discussion on compare file permissions between directories - BSD ; Hi all, is there a tool to compare the file permissions in a directory? Apparently diff does not appear to do just that. On google I found some perlscripts, but I was just curious if there isn't a built-in tool ...

  1. compare file permissions between directories

    Hi all,

    is there a tool to compare the file permissions in a directory?
    Apparently diff does not appear to do just that. On google I found some
    perlscripts, but I was just curious if there isn't a built-in tool for
    such actions. I would be grateful for any pointers to more information..

    Bram Kuijper

  2. Re: compare file permissions between directories

    In article <61bb0$47370e5f$817db1eb$24792@news1.tudelft.nl>,
    Bram Kuijper wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > is there a tool to compare the file permissions in a directory?
    > Apparently diff does not appear to do just that. On google I found some
    > perlscripts, but I was just curious if there isn't a built-in tool for
    > such actions. I would be grateful for any pointers to more information..

    may be you can try something with mtree

    patpro

    --
    http://www.patpro.net/

  3. Re: compare file permissions between directories

    net/unison does that

  4. Re: compare file permissions between directories

    Bram Kuijper wrote:

    > Hi all,

    Hi,

    > is there a tool to compare the file permissions in a directory?

    mtree(8)

+ Reply to Thread