OpenBSD >=4.2 and xf86-driver-avivo.... - BSD

This is a discussion on OpenBSD >=4.2 and xf86-driver-avivo.... - BSD ; Hi, Does anyone successfully runs avivo driver under OpenBSD 4.2 or current? I've tried to google for it, but really, no information about r500 cards and OpenBSD... I'd be very thankful if someone give here even offal informations about status ...

  1. OpenBSD >=4.2 and xf86-driver-avivo....

    Hi,

    Does anyone successfully runs avivo driver under OpenBSD 4.2 or
    current?

    I've tried to google for it, but really, no information about r500
    cards and OpenBSD...

    I'd be very thankful if someone give here even offal informations
    about status of avivo driver in OpenBSD.

    Best regards,
    Lucas.

  2. Re: OpenBSD >=4.2 and xf86-driver-avivo....

    akurospam@gmail.com writes:

    >Does anyone successfully runs avivo driver under OpenBSD 4.2 or
    >current?

    >I've tried to google for it, but really, no information about r500
    >cards and OpenBSD...

    I believe avivo is the new expirimental driver to support various ATI
    cards, right? I was curious about it because right now my Macbook Pro
    has an ATI card in it that OpenBSD can't use properly in Vesa mode.
    However, in doing some research on the driver (if this is indeed the
    same driver), I came across a press release indicating that ATI or
    some such had released documentation for their cards or a set of them?
    Again, not sure where I saw this. At any rate, along with this, I saw
    a reference to avivo maybe being left to bit-rot since new efforts may
    be started based on that documentation. I really don't know if I'm at
    all on the right track here, so, if someone had more information, that
    would be great.

    --
    ((name "Aaron Hsu")
    (email/xmpp "aaron.hsu@sacrificumdeo.net")

  3. Re: OpenBSD >=4.2 and xf86-driver-avivo....

    AVIVO PROJECT IS DEAD!!!

    We should search information about -> radeonhd <- instead.

    Best Regards,
    Luca.

  4. Re: OpenBSD >=4.2 and xf86-driver-avivo....

    Okay, FINALLY have fully working radeonhd driver (version 0.0.2) on my
    OpenBSD 4.2, xorg log here: http://rafb.net/p/IiFbYQ31.html

    Remember to disable composite and aiglx manualy in your xorg
    configuration.

    Cheers!
    Luca.

    akuros...@gmail.com napisał(a):
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone successfully runs avivo driver under OpenBSD 4.2 or
    > current?
    >
    > I've tried to google for it, but really, no information about r500
    > cards and OpenBSD...
    >
    > I'd be very thankful if someone give here even offal informations
    > about status of avivo driver in OpenBSD.
    >

    > Best regards,
    > Lucas.

+ Reply to Thread