Virtual/Distributed File System - BSD

This is a discussion on Virtual/Distributed File System - BSD ; I'm looking for a virtual file system that runs on FreeBSD that can be geographically distributed. So you write to the virtual file system (master) and the data gets written to n distributed file systems that are local disks on ...

  1. Virtual/Distributed File System

    I'm looking for a virtual file system that runs on FreeBSD that can be
    geographically distributed. So you write to the virtual file system
    (master) and the data gets written to n distributed file systems that
    are local disks on remote servers. The distributed servers read the
    data from their local disk (read-only). Linux has a few options for
    this. Is anyone doing something similar with FreeBSD? (Looking for
    something better than rsync and cron.) Coda may be an option. It needs
    to act like a normal file system - not require applications to be
    tweaked to access the data (like MogileFS).

    Thanks,

    Dan

  2. Re: Virtual/Distributed File System

    dfitzpat@gmail.com wrote:
    > I'm looking for a virtual file system that runs on FreeBSD that can be
    > geographically distributed. So you write to the virtual file system
    > (master) and the data gets written to n distributed file systems that
    > are local disks on remote servers. The distributed servers read the
    > data from their local disk (read-only). Linux has a few options for
    > this. Is anyone doing something similar with FreeBSD? (Looking for
    > something better than rsync and cron.) Coda may be an option. It needs
    > to act like a normal file system - not require applications to be
    > tweaked to access the data (like MogileFS).

    gfarm?

    Rainer

+ Reply to Thread