4.2 Packages are Up - BSD

This is a discussion on 4.2 Packages are Up - BSD ; Many Thanks to the OpenBSD Developers for the new 4.2 package collection! I notice that clisp is still not available for amd64. Dos this mean that clisp (and hence maxima) is no longer going to be usable on the OpenBSD ...

  1. 4.2 Packages are Up

    Many Thanks to the OpenBSD Developers for the new 4.2 package
    collection! I notice that clisp is still not available for amd64.
    Dos this mean that clisp (and hence maxima) is no longer going to
    be usable on the OpenBSD amd64 platform?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: 4.2 Packages are Up

    On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 08:32:41 -0600, Nutso OpenBSD User Dave wrote:

    > Many Thanks to the OpenBSD Developers for the new 4.2 package
    > collection! I notice that clisp is still not available for amd64.
    > Dos this mean that clisp (and hence maxima) is no longer going to
    > be usable on the OpenBSD amd64 platform?

    Dave,

    I've never used clisp, nor do I have any interest in it. I'm just writing
    to point out that you could do your own research, and come to a reasoned
    conclusion. I think it would be significantly more helpful than posting
    such a general question to usenet, which few developers track.

    If you look at the cvs log for the Makefile, you can see that there have
    been any number of architectural issues and restrictions -- revision 1.18
    was where it was set to "ONLY_FOR_ARCHS= i386".

    Since usenet is not the forum to reach many developers, you should
    really do your own research: I recommend reading the Makefile's history,
    it is a history of the port. You could also search the ports@ archive
    for discussions of clisp, and you could contact all who were involved at
    any point in time with committing updates, should you have
    specific questions: merdely@, naddy@, brad@, pvalchev@, et. al.

    You could also take the opportunity to test the port yourself on your
    architecture of interest. It takes little effort to comment out that line
    in the Makefile and give it a try.

    Start here, Dave:

    http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvswe...clisp/Makefile

    --
    Replying directly will get you locally blacklisted.
    Change the address; use my first name in front of the @ if you want to

+ Reply to Thread