the problem of install FREEBSD - BSD

This is a discussion on the problem of install FREEBSD - BSD ; Hello everyone: when I insall FREEBSD6.2 from hard disk with ISOEMU ,I encounter the following question : drive 'old' CHS parameters are 1024 255 63 using extended BIOS disk commands, CHS parms are 19158 16 255 file to emu: freebsd.iso(equal ...

  1. the problem of install FREEBSD

    Hello everyone:
    when I insall FREEBSD6.2 from hard disk with ISOEMU ,I encounter the
    following question :
    drive 'old' CHS parameters are 1024 255 63
    using extended BIOS disk commands, CHS parms are 19158 16 255
    file to emu: freebsd.iso(equal to bootonly.iso)
    1st cluster:179660
    file size(byte):0
    I cant't access sysinstall ,I read the HANBOOK and FAQ but I still
    can't slove this question ,Is there anyone can help me solve this
    question ?THANK First!!1

  2. Re: the problem of install FREEBSD

    On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 01:57:26 -0000, xiantingmanbu wrote:
    > Hello everyone:
    > when I insall FREEBSD6.2 from hard disk with ISOEMU ,I encounter the
    > following question :

    What is ISOEMU, and what does it have to do with FreeBSD?

  3. Re: the problem of install FREEBSD

    On Nov 4, 10:55 am, Giorgos Keramidas
    wrote:
    > On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 01:57:26 -0000, xiantingmanbu wrote:
    > > Hello everyone:
    > > when I insall FREEBSD6.2 from hard disk with ISOEMU ,I encounter the
    > > following question :

    > What is ISOEMU, and what does it have to do with FreeBSD?

    ISOEMU is something like GNU Grub ,it can be used to boot bootonly.iso
    from hard disk something like "ISO +EMU".In my opinion ,there must
    be something wrong with my hard disk configurtion ,such as the
    relationship of two 'CHS' parametre above. However, I am not sure
    myself, I can't solve it, can you help me solve this problem?

    Thank you!

  4. Re: the problem of install FREEBSD

    On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 05:59:09 -0000, xiantingmanbu wrote:
    >On Nov 4, 10:55 am, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
    >>On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 01:57:26 -0000, xiantingmanbu wrote:
    >>> Hello everyone:
    >>> when I insall FREEBSD6.2 from hard disk with ISOEMU ,I encounter the
    >>> following question :

    >> What is ISOEMU, and what does it have to do with FreeBSD?

    > ISOEMU is something like GNU Grub ,it can be used to boot bootonly.iso
    > from hard disk something like "ISO +EMU".In my opinion ,there must
    > be something wrong with my hard disk configurtion ,such as the
    > relationship of two 'CHS' parametre above. However, I am not sure
    > myself, I can't solve it, can you help me solve this problem?

    Have you tried _burning_ the bootonly.iso image to a real disk?

    It may be a bug in ISOEMU that's blocking you from starting.

+ Reply to Thread