Portsnap Errors on Xorg-6.9.0 - BSD

This is a discussion on Portsnap Errors on Xorg-6.9.0 - BSD ; Hello, all. After executing "portsnap fetch update" on my FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE platform followed by a "pkg_version -v" I obtained the usual list of ports needing to be upgraded. For the xorg-6.9.0 port a number of makefile and "comparison failed" error ...

  1. Portsnap Errors on Xorg-6.9.0

    Hello, all. After executing "portsnap fetch update" on my FreeBSD
    6.2-RELEASE platform followed by a "pkg_version -v" I obtained the usual
    list of ports needing to be upgraded. For the xorg-6.9.0 port a number
    of makefile and "comparison failed" error messages were shown. I don't
    recall ever seeing this before. Can someone enlighten me? I'm hesitant
    to run "portupgrade -a" until I figure this out. Thanks for your time
    and comment. Sincerely,

  2. Re: Portsnap Errors on Xorg-6.9.0

  3. Re: Portsnap Errors on Xorg-6.9.0

    Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल wrote:

    > ,--- J B Wood writes:
    > | Hello, all. After executing "portsnap fetch update" on my FreeBSD
    > | 6.2-RELEASE platform followed by a "pkg_version -v" I obtained the
    > | usual list of ports needing to be upgraded. For the xorg-6.9.0 port a
    > | number of makefile and "comparison failed" error messages were shown.
    > | I don't recall ever seeing this before. Can someone enlighten me?
    > | I'm hesitant to run "portupgrade -a" until I figure this out. Thanks
    > | for your time and comment. Sincerely,
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Checkout the 20070519 entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING .

    Thanks, Ashish. I keep forgetting to read that file.
    Sincerely,

+ Reply to Thread