A problem about "makefile" in FreeBSD. - BSD

This is a discussion on A problem about "makefile" in FreeBSD. - BSD ; Dear members of FreeBSD, Recently, I have a package written in C++ which is structrued by makefile. It can be correctly compiled and run on Linux-like OS such as Fedora, Ubuntu et a., both in INTEL AND AMD 32 and ...

  1. A problem about "makefile" in FreeBSD.

    Dear members of FreeBSD,
    Recently, I have a package written in C++ which is structrued by
    makefile. It can be correctly compiled and run on Linux-like OS such
    as Fedora, Ubuntu et a., both in INTEL AND AMD 32 and 64-bit.
    However,
    today, when I complie this package in FreeBSD or PCBSD, when I type
    "make", I get a error that can not find a make.common file. It is
    actually at the current DIR as the makefile.
    include make.common. // like this.
    And also there is another problem about the g++ option.
    My question is why our makefile is right in Linux-like OS, but it is
    wrong in FreeBSD. Please offer me some reason about this BAD result?
    Best regards,

  2. Re: A problem about "makefile" in FreeBSD.

    Renzr wrote:

    > My question is why our makefile is right in Linux-like OS, but it is
    > wrong in FreeBSD. Please offer me some reason about this BAD result?
    > Best regards,

    This is not the same Make, if you wan't to use the GNU make, install gmake
    from the ports tree (/usr/ports/devel/gmake).

  3. Re: A problem about "makefile" in FreeBSD.

    On 10 21 , 10 15 , Patrick Lamaizière
    wrote:
    > Renzr wrote:
    > > My question is why our makefile is right in Linux-like OS, but it is
    > > wrong in FreeBSD. Please offer me some reason about this BAD result?
    > > Best regards,

    > This is not the same Make, if you wan't to use the GNU make, install gmake
    > from the ports tree (/usr/ports/devel/gmake).

    Verh thanks, I will give a try.

+ Reply to Thread