    The pocket down the back of an armchair used for storing two-shilling bits
    and pieces of Lego.

  2. Re: Webmail server?

    On 2007-10-19, Jim wrote:
    > Does FreeBSD 6.x come with a port/package I can install to access POP mail
    > on my server via a web link?

    Um...like OpenWebMail perhaps...

    Ok, I'll rephrase the question - what's the best _simple_ Webmail server on
    FreeBSD?

    Jim
    --
    http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
    GLAZELEY (adj.)

  3. Re: Webmail server?

    Jim wrote:
    > On 2007-10-19, Jim wrote:
    >> Does FreeBSD 6.x come with a port/package I can install to access POP
    >> mail on my server via a web link?

    > Um...like OpenWebMail perhaps...
    > Ok, I'll rephrase the question - what's the best _simple_ Webmail server
    > on FreeBSD?

    There is no. But you could start with dovecot/roundcube.

    HTH, Helmut

    --
    No Swen today, my love has gone away
    My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn

  4. Re: Webmail server?

    Jim wrote:
    > On 2007-10-19, Jim wrote:
    >> Does FreeBSD 6.x come with a port/package I can install to access POP mail
    >> on my server via a web link?

    > Um...like OpenWebMail perhaps...
    >
    > Ok, I'll rephrase the question - what's the best _simple_ Webmail server on
    > FreeBSD?

    Probably Squirrelmail.

    Horde/IMP is nice, too, but not that easy to install.
    Takes some persistence ;-)

    cu,
    Rainer

  5. Re: Webmail server?

    Jim wrote:
    > On 2007-10-19, Jim wrote:
    >> Does FreeBSD 6.x come with a port/package I can install to access POP mail
    >> on my server via a web link?

    > Um...like OpenWebMail perhaps...
    >
    > Ok, I'll rephrase the question - what's the best _simple_ Webmail server on
    > FreeBSD?

    Probably Squirrelmail.

    Horde/IMP is nice, too, but not that easy to install.
    Takes some persistence ;-)

    cu,
    Rainer

  6. Re: Webmail server?

    On 2007-10-19, Rainer Duffner wrote:
    >>> Does FreeBSD 6.x come with a port/package I can install to access POP mail
    >>> on my server via a web link?

    >> Um...like OpenWebMail perhaps...
    >>
    >> Ok, I'll rephrase the question - what's the best _simple_ Webmail server on
    >> FreeBSD?

    > Probably Squirrelmail.
    >
    > Horde/IMP is nice, too, but not that easy to install.
    > Takes some persistence ;-)

    Will either of those piggyback on top of an existing postfix/qpopper
    environment? I don't do IMAP.

    Thanks for the ideas.

    Jim
    --
    http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
    KERRY (n.)

  7. Re: Webmail server?

    >Will either of those piggyback on top of an existing postfix/qpopper
    >environment? I don't do IMAP.

    I don't know of any webmail that attempts to manage a POP account. POP
    is too feeble for that.

    On the other hand, if you just want to see what's arrived lately,
    get a Yahoo or Gmail account and set it up to fetch your POP mail.

    Regards,
    Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
    "More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.

  8. Re: Webmail server?

    In article ,
    Jim writes:
    > On 2007-10-19, Jim wrote:
    >> Does FreeBSD 6.x come with a port/package I can install to access POP mail
    >> on my server via a web link?

    > Um...like OpenWebMail perhaps...
    >
    > Ok, I'll rephrase the question - what's the best _simple_ Webmail server on
    > FreeBSD?

    We are currently running SquirrelMail here. It's been up for a
    couple of years and the users like it. But I am always looking
    to see if something better is in the pipe.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  9. Re: Webmail server?

    Bill Gunshannon wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Jim writes:
    >> On 2007-10-19, Jim wrote:
    >>> Does FreeBSD 6.x come with a port/package I can install to access POP mail
    >>> on my server via a web link?

    >> Um...like OpenWebMail perhaps...
    >>
    >> Ok, I'll rephrase the question - what's the best _simple_ Webmail server on
    >> FreeBSD?
    >>

    > We are currently running SquirrelMail here. It's been up for a
    > couple of years and the users like it. But I am always looking
    > to see if something better is in the pipe.

    Horde/IMP is "better", but takes more (depending on the number of
    modules you implement: much more) resources.

    cheers,
    Rainer

+ Reply to Thread