ltmodem setup - BSD

This is a discussion on ltmodem setup - BSD ; I have a new machine and of course it came with Windows XP Pro and a Lucent chipped Winmodem. This works pretty good but when I switched the OS to FreeBSD I lost use of the modem. So I installed ...

  1. ltmodem setup

    I have a new machine and of course it came
    with Windows XP Pro and a Lucent chipped
    Winmodem. This works pretty good but when
    I switched the OS to FreeBSD I lost use of the
    modem.

    So I installed ltmdm and noticed that I needed to
    kldload it to get it working....but then the question
    comes, what do I do next. The ltmdm driver shows
    up in kldstat but I don't really know what to do
    next....I used Hylafax and would like to install it
    on this new machine to work with this modem.
    But this modem doesn't show up as cuad1 or
    cuad...? anything.

    How do I access this card once the ltmdm driver
    is installed?

  2. Re: ltmodem setup

    Begin
    On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:25:37 -0400, Ditch Brodie wrote:
    [snip: a winmodem]
    > How do I access this card once the ltmdm driver is installed?

    When kldloading the module, it will look for suitable hardware to drive.
    If it finds such, it will say so (on the console; if you're not on the
    console, try dmesg).

    If it doesn't show up there the driver doesn't support the hardware.
    If it does show up, it will tell you what device it is on.