getent in AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on getent in AIX - Aix ; Good afternoon all I am trying to find out if AIX has some sort of facility like getent. I tried finding this, but have fallen short. TIA -Stephen...

  1. getent in AIX

    Good afternoon all I am trying to find out if AIX has some sort of facility
    like getent. I tried finding this, but have fallen short.

    TIA
    -Stephen

  2. Re: getent in AIX

    On Oct 5, 7:36 am, Stephen wrote:
    > Good afternoon all I am trying to find out if AIX has some sort of facility
    > like getent. I tried finding this, but have fallen short.
    >
    > TIA
    > -Stephen

    something in particular you want to know ?

  3. Re: getent in AIX

    On Oct 4, 3:38 pm, Henry wrote:
    > On Oct 5, 7:36 am, Stephen wrote:
    >
    > > Good afternoon all I am trying to find out if AIX has some sort of facility
    > > like getent. I tried finding this, but have fallen short.

    > > TIA
    > > -Stephen

    > something in particular you want to know ?

    Yeah we are using vintela for single sign on and I am writing a Perl
    script to check users vxquota and want to use genent as the source of
    truth so to speak for UIDs on the systems as on some host the passwd
    files doesn't match what AD vintela say.

+ Reply to Thread