Determine Firmware/Microcode - Aix

This is a discussion on Determine Firmware/Microcode - Aix ; How can the firmware/microcode level be determined on a RS6000 7025-F80 that does not have an operating system installed. Thanks...

  1. Determine Firmware/Microcode

    How can the firmware/microcode level be determined on a RS6000 7025-F80 that
    does not have an operating system installed.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Determine Firmware/Microcode

    "Basil Holloway" wrote in message
    > How can the firmware/microcode level be determined on a RS6000 7025-F80
    > that does not have an operating system installed.
    > Thanks

    The only way I could find to do it was by trying to install various versions
    of AIX
    It refused AIX 5.2
    It accepted AIX 5.1 and was able to use #lscfg -vp | grep -F .CL
    to find out the level of firmware.
    Now installed firmware CL060505 which means I can run AIX 5.3 but as I only
    have this on DVD I cannot instal it as the F80 does not have a DVD drive.
    Any one know of a program I can use on XP to split an AIX 5.3 DVD back to
    installable CD's for the F80.
    Thanks
    Basil

  3. Re: Determine Firmware/Microcode

    >Any one know of a program I can use on XP to split an AIX 5.3 DVD >back to
    >installable CD's for the F80.

    Since found out against IBM policy.
    Will have to wait till suitable CD set comes up on Ebay Aust.

    Thanks
    Basil

  4. Re: Determine Firmware/Microcode

    On Sep 30, 6:25 pm, "Basil Holloway" wrote:
    > >Any one know of a program I can use on XP to split an AIX 5.3 DVD >back to
    > >installable CD's for the F80.

    > Since found out against IBM policy.
    > Will have to wait till suitable CD set comes up on Ebay Aust.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Basil

    The firmware revision level can be found by logging in to the service
    processor.

+ Reply to Thread